Do You think Kang Daniel is Using Too Many Ads?

• His video is at 7.2M views in 8 hours yet his likes is at 73K with 8K+ comments which ngl I was quite shocked to see that big a difference. That’s one of the biggest gaps I’ve seen recently with like to view to comment ratio.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For example Wheein who released her music video at the same time has over 223K+ likes, 829K+ views and has 3x the amount of comments on her video at 33K+

So the question is how many ads do you personally find okay to use in kpop? Really interested to see what y’all think. Not saying I don’t think companies should use them, it’s a great form of promotion for the artist but my main question is, do you think there should be a cap? Especially if the views are what gives said artists more points on music shows?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ads are marketing. Marketing brings awarness. Awarness brings new fans. New fans brings money. They should use as many ads they can. This is basic business and kpop is business. Stop crying over people making money. Its not cute

• Official Post

I honestly don't care how many ads they use. It's literally the company's job to promote the music.

I long for the day that people realize YouTube numbers aren't that deep.

• Ads are fine to use. There's nothing wrong with using them. I wish YT could figure out a way that ads could be used without it counting towards views because it gives a false sense of popularity. It also helps in music shows. While I don't really care about music show wins, some do.

They already somewhat filter some ad views.

As far as at it being a good marketing tool, I'm not convinced. Marketing is supposed to attract new fans, and there's nothing that has proven it does.

There's a rookie boy group, which I won't name but they are juniors of a gg that had a viral song, that released an MV this year.

There's a few YT channels that do weekly rankings of Kpop MV views. This group's MV had 15 million views one week, 90k views the next week, 10 million views the next week and then back down to 90k views the following week. It was pretty blatant their company bought ads those 2 weeks, but it is also obvious it didn't bring new fans. And I actually felt bad for them because no one is really watching the MV but they have 30 million views.

So the idea ads are good marketing is questionable.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!