Shipping is like a conspiracy theory

• Do you see the link between shipping and conspiracy theories? 7

1. Yes (7) 100%
    2. No (0) 0%

It’s a link I don’t see talked about much, but it’s clearly there. I’m not talking about the kind of shipping where people just think two people would look cute together. I’m talking about the “they are secretly dating and nothing will convince me otherwise” kind. There are many different reasons for getting into shipping of course.

A lot of it is about people wanting their fantasies to be real, and living their own fantasy relationship vicariously, leading to delusion.

But some of the reasoning is exactly the same as any other conspiracy. Firstly, there are the supposed hints being sent to shippers by idols. All conspiracies have so called subliminal messages being sent to clue people in to things. All this despite the fact these secret relationships, or secret organisations etc, are supposedly so hidden no one would ever give anything away. It’s about wanting to feel important and like you know significant things, and that people are reaching out to you personally.

Then you just get the people who want to have power over others. Often they don’t even believe in the conspiracy, in this case a ship, they just want others to reply on them to feed their egos. I would be a millionaire if I got money everytime I saw someone claim they knew a ship was real and others flocking to hear their wisdom.

Sorry for the essay! Do you guys see the link?

• BlinkNation

Changed the title of the thread from “Shipping is like conspiracy theories” to “Shipping is like a conspiracy theory”.
  • For people who are convinced that their ship is real, then, yes totally.

It was true for Larry, this is true for Taekook ( for example, I'm sure there are other ships in kpop like that, this is just the one I see the most ). 'Syco/BH is hiding them', 'they are hiding them with another couple', 'they are prisoners of their homophobic label, and are giving us hint that they are actually gay'

'Their kid is actually a child actor who was hired to make X's heterosexuality beliviable'

• For people who are convinced that their ship is real, then, yes totally.

It was true for Larry, this is true for Taekook ( for example, I'm sure there are other ships in kpop like that, this is just the one I see the most ). 'Syco/BH is hiding them', 'they are hiding them with another couple', 'they are prisoners of their homophobic label, and are giving us hint that they are actually gay'

'Their kid is actually a child actor who was hired to make X's heterosexuality beliviable'

The fact Larries still exist and are as delusional as ever blows my mind.

• No because imo shipping is more or less wishful thinking on a fan’s part. Just because a couple might look good together doesn’t make it the love affair of the century.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!