How to unlearn an awkward habit/feel free to express yourself?

• Throughout my life my sister shamed me for crying saying I was faking it when I cried or felt bad for the shit she or my family did. I internalised it to a point where I still can't cry in front of others and feel wrong even if I cry alone. Since I saw my family cry often and stop the second they got what they wanted from me, when my friends or loved ones cry I feel like they are faking it or being melodramatic. I hate it.

When younger me had a tough time at home the outside world didn't believe me so instead of expressing my feelings or frustration. I developed this habit of breaking into a cheek hurting smile. Now whenever I hear tragic or devastating news. My face somehow contorts into a creepy ass smile. No matter how much I try to control it, it happens. I feel the people that actually love me feel bad about my warped views on crying and my weird ass smile so I wanna change.

Desbundar

• Hmm...I don't know. I have an annoying habit and I make myself a penalty everytime I do it (take a rubberband, put it on my wrist, pull it back as hard as I can and let it slap my wrist). It's been helping and I'm slowly teaching myself not to continue this habit. My mom recommended it and I did my research and penalties can help to break habits.

Just a suggestion though.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!