fanfiction > books

• through my entire life, i've probably read over 50k fanfics. But I've read like 5 books. Honestly, fanfiction is so much easier to find, and it's easier to find something that fits YOU. Especially on sites like ao3 with a godly tagging system.

• through my entire life, i've probably read over 50k fanfics. But I've read like 5 books. Honestly, fanfiction is so much easier to find, and it's easier to find something that fits YOU. Especially on sites like ao3 with a godly tagging system.

Intriguing :/

It does make sense when you think about <3:thumbup:

But I think that to contrast the two really depends on the quality and what is the overall purpose for reading the following piece of work. :claps:

work in progress

• if you dont have the attention span required to properly get into a book, yes

this might also be a reason. in fanfics, many of them are short, and they're about characters you're already familiar with. this makes it easier to get into fanfiction.

a book is usually long, and with completely new characters.

books are more plot-driven, while fanfiction is more character-driven. so i guess it also depends on what you prefer.

• this might also be a reason. in fanfics, many of them are short, and they're about characters you're already familiar with. this makes it easier to get into fanfiction.

a book is usually long, and with completely new characters.

books are more plot-driven, while fanfiction is more character-driven. so i guess it also depends on what you prefer.

books are definitely character driven as well

they just have a much much longer runtime and go way more in depth which requires great concentration and attention span to really get into

• books are definitely character driven as well

they just have a much much longer runtime and go way more in depth which requires great concentration and attention span to really get into

I find it difficult to find books that fit the criteria of what I'm looking for. But in fanfiction, I can just search for existing characters I want, and then click on the genre I want. This way, I get the characters I want, and the plot I want. And it's short and available easily. You don't have to buy it like you need to buy a book. I hope fanfiction don't start to cost money in the future. I'm a writer myself.

• I find it difficult to find books that fit the criteria of what I'm looking for. But in fanfiction, I can just search for existing characters I want, and then click on the genre I want. This way, I get the characters I want, and the plot I want. And it's short and available easily. You don't have to buy it like you need to buy a book. I hope fanfiction don't start to cost money in the future. I'm a writer myself.

there's books about legit everything on every topic written in every way imaginable

and many of them you can get for free on the internet

although i would advise investing on them cause for people writing books, it is their job and they need money for it

• I get where you’re coming from, I’ve read more fanfiction than books too, but disagree.

Reading fanfics is easier for sure but the average book is much, much better. A book leaves a much deeper impression on you. In comparison the stories in books are much better told. They’re more engaging, entertaining and diverse. Plus the language and pacing is on another level compared to fanfics. (disclaimer: some books are ofc crap)

If you’re having trouble finding books you like it’s probably because you don’t read enough. If you’d only watched five movies in your life you would have a hard time finding movies you like too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!