Youtube Music surpasses Genie to become 2nd largest streaming service in Korea

• It's even worse among Millennials and Gen Z.

Melon has fallen HARD.

https://www.statista.com/stati…services-by-young-people/

Most popular paid music streaming apps among Millennials and Gen Z in South Korea in 2020

MZ-BPI points*
    Melon 61.1
    YouTube Music 33.1
    Genie 31.9
    FLO 18.4
    Bugs 17
    Naver Vibe 12.4
    Apple Music 11.5
    Soribada 7.2
    Momople 0.5

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Wut? I see Melon with a giant gap over YT and Genie. Everyone here has been trying to bury Melon but this chart tells me that Melon is still dominant in a very crowded field.

• Wut? I see Melon with a giant gap over YT and Genie. Everyone here has been trying to bury Melon but this chart tells me that Melon is still dominant in a very crowded field.

Yeah people like overreacting... it's bound to happen that melon were gonna lose some marketshare with this much competition. And it doesn't surprise me cause yt music is doing very well everywhere (I personally like it a lot too), but this doesn't mean melon is flopping or something, they lead with decent margin

• Fallen hard by still being nearly double the 2nd blace even in a crowded field...

• does anyone know what is a MZ-BPI

*MZ-BPI (Millennial-Z Brand Power Index) = 0.1854*F + 0.7083*L + 0.1062*I

F (Familiarity) means familiarity with the brands.

L (Loyalty) means preference for the brands.

I (Image) means the cost efficiency and trendiness of the brands.

The numbers don't represent marketshare. In actuality Melon's marketshare is now below 40%. Melon's lost something like 16% in the last 12 months.

With the exception of Youtube and VIBE (who had gains), everyone's lost marketshare with Melon being the biggest loser.

Official numbers haven't come out for Spotify yet as it just entered the market, but I imagine they'll have huge gains by the end of the year and YouTube Music will be even with Melon.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• huh...interesting...where did you find such things

:thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!