"Boy With Luv" has surpassed 5.5 million unique listeners on Melon, becoming the first song from 2019 and BTS 's second song after 'Spring Day' (6.8M) to achieve this

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone know how this compares to other big hits? I could find that Love Scenario had 5.4 and D4 5.3 at latest updates.

BWL has already passed them even if it was released a year later.

• myaza

Changed the title of the thread from “"Boy With Luv" has surpassed 5.5 million unique listeners on Melon, becoming the first song from 2019 and @BTS_twt 's second song after 'Spring Day' (6.8M) to achieve this” to “"Boy With Luv" has surpassed 5.5 million unique listeners on Melon, becoming the first song from 2019 and BTS 's second song after 'Spring Day' (6.8M) to achieve this”.
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone know how this compares to other big hits? I could find that Love Scenario had 5.4 and D4 5.3 at latest updates.

DNA has 5.3 I think

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Cheer Up has 5.6M

So now BWL is #3 for idol group hits

It’s

#1 - Spring Day - 6.8M

#2 - cheer up - 5.6M

#3 - BWL - 5.5M

#4 - LS/Red flavor - 5.4M

#5 - dddd/dna - 5.3M

• Nice. BTS has 3 out of top 7 songs and 2 out of top 3. Total domination.

• DNA is easily in the top 10 idol hits of 3rd gen, people just don't want to admit that yet.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• DNA is easily in the top 10 idol hits of 3rd gen, people just don't want to admit that yet.

I think its more that. Because BTS has massive massive hits like Spring Day.... its like for a BTS song to be a national hit it has to be that big, that's why even though songs like DNA and IDOL have similar numbers to that of other groups national hits they aren't considered one by many people cause they are like a level below (even though still massive) BTSs biggest hits.... idk if i worded that correctly.

• that's why even though songs like DNA and IDOL have similar numbers to that of other groups national hits they aren't considered one by many people cause they are like a level below (even though still massive) BTSs biggest hits.... idk if i worded that correctly.

No, I think you got it.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I think its more that. Because BTS has massive massive hits like Spring Day.... its like for a BTS song to be a national hit it has to be that big, that's why even though songs like DNA and IDOL have similar numbers to that of other groups national hits they aren't considered one by many people cause they are like a level below (even though still massive) BTSs biggest hits.... idk if i worded that correctly.

Many people want to evaluate hits on a relative scale. Like "this is the biggest hit for you, let call it national hit, national hits for everyone!".

They also are biased by their own bubble and think their part of the kpop fandom hyping up a song means "impact", thats how we ended up with some very strange suggestions in that biggest boy group hits thread we had a while ago. Since BTS/ARMY are mostly not part of the kpop bubble, they often dont see they hype and impact BTS songs have.

• Many people want to evaluate hits on a relative scale. Like "this is the biggest hit for you, let call it national hit, national hits for everyone!".

They also are biased by their own bubble and think their part of the kpop fandom hyping up a song means "impact", thats how we ended up with some very strange suggestions in that biggest boy group hits thread we had a while ago. Since BTS/ARMY are mostly not part of the kpop bubble, they often dont see they hype and impact BTS songs have.

bts are just always held to a different standard... its always been like that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!