Why is Hype Boy 34 on melon now?

• It's becoming late in Korea, songs carried by fandom streaming rise and push other songs back, its normal and happen every day. It's at #19 in the daily chart and it will stay there tomorrow.

• it's actually insane they can actually climb the whole album up to touch top 5 and push top 5 songs to 10-20th temporarily lol. esp when there's any news about him

Companies need to start marketing their groups to older women.

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d5d89d5cd0ded673ad05b4ad8aa66c2a681af589.webpdd50b6cd6932ff0d00806a3981d3928185ee94c1.webp889793cb4f55d557baefb7c564c4b94a3129681d.webp

• Check the charts in 50 minutes if you want to see where songs really rank. That's when the charts freeze for the day in their daily ranks

Can you explain a bit more? i am really a noob when it comes to charts, they freeze?

Also how charting works for example Aespa is number 1 and NewJeans is number two but is there a way to see how close to eachother they are? like how many more points NewJeans needs to snatch number one and how they increase? also what is taken into consideration for number one is it total points or they reset daily or how does it work?

• Can you explain a bit more? i am really a noob when it comes to charts, they freeze?

Also how charting works for example Aespa is number 1 and NewJeans is number two but is there a way to see how close to eachother they are? like how many more points NewJeans needs to snatch number one and how they increase? also what is taken into consideration for number one is it total points or they reset daily or how does it work?

The charts lock into place based on their total unique listener count at 1 a.m. KST.

Unique listener count is also how people see how close songs are to each other and predict if a song will rise, maintain or fall.

ULs would be the "points" to use your language. It is a total and it fluctuates throughout the week. For instance, last I heard there was a 50k gap between Supernova and How Sweet. The previous week it was 70k.

• The charts lock into place based on their total unique listener count at 1 a.m. KST.

Unique listener count is also how people see how close songs are to each other and predict if a song will rise, maintain or fall.

ULs would be the "points" to use your language. It is a total and it fluctuates throughout the week. For instance, last I heard there was a 50k gap between Supernova and How Sweet. The previous week it was 70k.

Where can you check those?

• The charts lock into place based on their total unique listener count at 1 a.m. KST.

wait it locks? i just assumed they barely move because koreans all go to sleep

i've seen rankings change in the middle of the night

i don't really analyse these stuff though, or know a lot

i just like to look at my group's song ranking

• Where can you check those?

There are some twitter/X accounts that track those numbers. I actually don't dive that deep into the weeds. I'd ask in the Digital Thread, because someone surely knows there.

wait it locks? i just assumed they barely move because koreans all go to sleep

i've seen rankings change in the middle of the night

i don't really analyse these stuff though, or know a lot

i just like to look at my group's song ranking

It does! All part of their attempts to combat zombie streaming from boy groups stans (who have now been replaced by ahjumma stans streaming trot music). Back in the day, the charts after midnight were useless to look at, because BG stans would mass stream all their BG music and clog up the charts.

In 22 minutes now, you'll see what the actual rankings on MelOn are as the Daily Chart freezes into place.

• idgi why are the ahjummas usually mass streaming LWY's albums at midnight? isn't it their bedtime?

It's not just the ahjummas it's in general all the fandoms. At midnight is when less people are streaming so it's easier to chart songs higher, so the hardcore part of the fandoms stream their favs song just for the sake of seeing them charting higher, you can also see many bg songs rising at night, just not as much as LYW.

Yes, it's a bit ridiculous.

• It's not just the ahjummas it's in general all the fandoms. At midnight is when less people are streaming so it's easier to chart songs higher, so the hardcore part of the fandoms stream their favs song just for the sake of seeing them charting higher, you can also see many bg songs rising at night, just not as much as LYW.

Yes, it's a bit ridiculous.

ahh i see, thanks <3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!