Seoul Mayor Oh Se-Hoon praises Seokjin for serving the country and looks forward to his discharge tomorrow: "These days, when there is a lot of bad news, you yourself are 'good news.' Today is a happy day. I have to listen to Dynamite."

• Oh Se-hoon introduces his relationship with BTS Jin, who will be discharged tomorrow

Entered 2024.06.11. 2:57 PM
    Modified 2024.06.11. 3:28 PM

Reporter Hwang Hee-jin
    Reporter Hwang Hee-jin

Print

Winner Kang Seung-yoon, BTS Jin (Kim Seok-jin). Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon Facebook

Winner Kang Seung-yoon, BTS Jin (Kim Seok-jin). Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon Facebook

Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon congratulated the discharge of Jin (real name Kim Seok-jin), a member of Hive Big Hit's BTS (real name Kim Seok-jin), who is being discharged from the military after serving as a training assistant at the Army's 5th Infantry Division recruit training center tomorrow, the 12th. Jin was the first of the BTS

members to enlist on December 13, 2022 , and will also be the first to complete his military service and return to the music industry. At around 1:28 p.m. on the 11th, Mayor Oh Se-hoon posted a post on Facebook titled ' Good News ' and attached a photo of Jin working as a teaching assistant and taking trainees including fellow boy group 'Winner' member Kang Seung-yoon. . Mayor Oh Se-hoon said, " I am very happy to hear that BTS's eldest brother Jin is returning," and added, " BTS was also an honorary tourism ambassador for Seoul City," and revealed Jin's connection with the city of Seoul, of which he is the head. He continued, "Military service is mandatory for all healthy men in Korea, but it is also true that many people expressed regret at the fact that 7 artists who inspire people around the world will be taking a hiatus," and "None of the 7 members committed foul play." He highly praised all BTS members, including Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM , Jimin, V, and Jungkook, saying, “Many people, including me, will applaud him for enlisting on active duty without any privileges and setting an example. ” At the same time, as if referring to the title of the post, he added, "These days when there is a lot of bad news , you yourself are good news . " Mayor Oh Se-hoon mentioned the complete BTS group, which will be formed by the members following Jin's discharge , saying, "Beyond musicians, as artists, we will deliver meaningful messages such as poems for small things, Love Yourself , and Life Goes On ." “I’m looking forward to seeing you spread the word again. Today is a happy day, so I’ll listen to BTS ’ Dynamite again, which is always exciting to listen to.” Jin begins his schedule as a musician the day after he is discharged from the military. They will participate in the '2024 FESTA ' held at the Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in Seoul on the 13th . Meanwhile, the expected discharge dates for BTS members are as follows. There is one year left until the full lineup is formed.

Jin June 12, 2024

J-Hope October 17, 2024

RM June 10, 2025

V June 10, 2025

Jimin June 11, 2025

Jungkook June 11, 2025

Suga June 21, 2025

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Seoul Mayor Oh Se-Hoon praises Seokjin for serving and looks forward to his discharge tomorrow: "These days, when there is a lot of bad news, you yourself are 'good news.' Today is a happy day. I have to listen to Dynamite."” to “Seoul Mayor Oh Se-Hoon praises Seokjin for serving the country and looks forward to his discharge tomorrow: "These days, when there is a lot of bad news, you yourself are 'good news.' Today is a happy day. I have to listen to Dynamite."”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!