JYPE's English version of Korean songs .....

• Are some of the best

:pepe-grooving::pepe-grooving::pepe-grooving::pepe-grooving:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you forgot one

• You already know I think Day6's English versions are the most on point...and they are the most slept on! Litterally, US Top 40 format satellite (Sirius XM) and terrestrial-radio play worthy. It should be played on the retail radio service that a lot of major US chain stores use too; it's that respectable. Did the usual JYPE team even have a hand in their English lyrics?

Twice's versions just need minor tweaks like cutting some words and replacing others (i.e. in "More & More": 'creepin' instead of 'sneakin', 'kill it' instead of 'conquer it').

To be honest to what I felt in my intuition, I had a bad gut response to the approach for most of Itzy's English lyrics. "Wanna Be" is just "okay" for Disney Radio but all their English lyrics should be reworked to flow a bit better. I'm not sharing this info to be mean. I just see potential that hasn't been reached yet.

• You already know I think Day6's English versions are the most on point...and they are the most slept on! Litterally, US Top 40 format satellite (Sirius XM) and terrestrial-radio play worthy. It should be played on the retail radio service that a lot of major US chain stores use too; it's that respectable. Did the usual JYPE team even have a hand in their English lyrics?

Twice's versions just need minor tweaks like cutting some words and replacing others (i.e. in "More & More": 'creepin' instead of 'sneakin', 'kill it' instead of 'conquer it').

To be honest to what I felt in my intuition, I had a bad gut response to the approach for most of Itzy's English lyrics. "Wanna Be" is just "okay" for Disney Radio but all their English lyrics should be reworked to flow a bit better. I'm not sharing this info to be mean. I just see potential that hasn't been reached yet.

Given that ITZY has only a few songs I think those were a good start. And yeah if they were to reach a larger international audience (which JYPE is probably going to try and focus in the long run) English songs would be a huge focus.

Regarding Day6 songs, they write all their songs so even the English versions are written by them, and they can do it because they have 2 English speaking members.

• Official Post

All Lullabys versions slap. The Spanish version in particular is one of my favorites. :alpaca-sexy:

• Given that ITZY has only a few songs I think those were a good start. And yeah if they were to reach a larger international audience (which JYPE is probably going to try and focus in the long run) English songs would be a huge focus.

Hopefully, as they grow as a group, the English lyrics get more solid. Especially if they are trying to engage with a general western audience outside of pre-teens.

Regarding Day6 songs, they write all their songs so even the English versions are written by them, and they can do it because they have 2 English speaking members.

EXACTLY! It's easier for them.

• "i feel like i became a zombie" giphy.gif

"and there's nothing that can cure me" :peperain:

Seriously, if I heard these lyrics without being exposed to Day6's catalog, I would be super curious to know who are the guys singing this song! Very relevant to what going on in the world even before the pandemic!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!