Do you hate this "NO MR" trend like I do?

• Before I start my rant, I wanna say, that any video you'll see in this thread is NOT ABOUT THE GROUPS! It's 100% about this stupid trend, what kids doing nowadays. I'm a film and sound editor, and basically that's the main reason I hate this trend, not only because it's misleading, but it's not even a good argument.

So, in the past couple of months all I see on social media are these "NO MR" videos, and fans arguing with each other, which group sings better with "NO MR" and why we should take them seriously, because they sound better in a "No MR" video.

Why is this trend won't help your faves?

1st: You can't remove the MR, because you don't have the original file!

2nd: All you can do is removing the background noise and using other cleaning effects on their voice, and every time you use a new effect, you will ruin their vocals even more. So technically, you're not only removing the background noise, but you're removing the voice of the artists as well!

So, don't try to make an argument or protect your Idols or any kind of singer with FAN EDITS like these.

Here are some FAKE "No MR" edits, so you can see what I'm talking about. AGAIN, this isn't about the groups! Also, I didn't search for videos from specific groups, I used a YT channel that most fans recommend for others: VIVA MR REMOVED.

You can find more "VOCAL ONLY" videos here!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My fave is always when groups have member like Jongho (ATEEZ) who will sound even 100 times better when singing live like ooof that high notes he sometimes has and how loud he can get

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I absolutely hate it. Is this a new trend? I don't really remember seeing these a lot when I was following kpop more heavily a few years ago. Now my entire youtube feed is filled with them and I don't even understand what the intent of these videos are. Like are they trying to make me like their vocals or hate them? Cus it almost seems like the latter lol.

• I absolutely hate it. Is this a new trend? I don't really remember seeing these a lot when I was following kpop more heavily a few years ago. Now my entire youtube feed is filled with them and I don't even understand what the intent of these videos are.

I'm pretty sure it's new. I saw some a couple of years ago, too, but nowadays, it's all over Twitter and Insta, and of course Youtube.

Like are they trying to make me like their vocals or hate them? Cus it almost seems like the latter lol.

Exactly! This is like the worst argument ever. Some fans crying if a studio doing some corrections on the voice or use autotune or backtrack, and now fans doing a whole trend about removing their actual voice from the performance. :pepe-cringe:

• Exactly! This is like the worst argument ever. Some fans crying if a studio doing some corrections on the voice or use autotune or backtrack, and now fans doing a whole trend about removing their actual voice from the performance. :pepe-cringe:

I can only assume it's some teens running the audio through software they barely understand lol. I just can't see how they are hearing it and think "Yea, this will show the haters!". It's silly.

• I can only assume it's some teens running the audio through software they barely understand lol. I just can't see how they are hearing it and think "Yea, this will show the haters!". It's silly.

I'm pretty sure they only do this for views on social media platforms. I would bet that most of them don't even care about these groups.

• it's just a means to an end my friend

they either do it to show off the "supposed" great vocals of their favs

OR

they do it to show off the "supposed" poor vocals of their not favs lol

• It’s acoustic but close enough also I was just rewatching this

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It’s acoustic but close enough also I was just rewatching this

External Content youtu.be

I mean, acoustic is basically a vocal only performance, so yeah, we could say "NO MR".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!