🌸5 Centimeters Per Second Is Such A Realistic Anime🌸

• 228dc0a6869d64a934a77357a146e75a.jpg

1f16755a9b4e0ce8b628fc6473eb0838.jpg

This movie might be isn't as famous as other Makoto Shinkai's movie, Your Name aka Kimi No Nawa. But this is my first Shinkai's movie, I was in awe with the beauty of the animation, with how small details like shadow and light moves, falling sakura and snow, the scenery looks so realistic.

The plot itself is pretty realistic about first love, the characters life phases since childhood till adult and so on.

As comparison, I just watched a movie (not anime) with similar theme but different plot: Tapestry

Tapestry-Japanese_Movie-P1.jpg

Tapestry isn't bad, it's just majority of people's life isn't as dramatic as the movie.

Most of us just like lead character in 5 centimeters per second, fall in love when we were teenager, maybe can't forget our first love, and we just living a plain-boring life with go to school, to uni, and work. That's it. Even when someday we met the one who used to we love so much, but both of our world already changed. We can't help but to move on.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 5 cm/s is SUCH a good movie. (It's better than Your Name, but that's a separate thread). I watch it sometimes and....

I go to ghibli when I want to feel emotions, but this is one of the list of other films that also get me emotional.

• 5 cm/s is SUCH a good movie. (It's better than Your Name, but that's a separate thread). I watch it sometimes and....

I go to ghibli when I want to feel emotions, but this is one of the list of other films that also get me emotional.

5cm is more emotional because maybe some of us can relate with the characters. It's still one of my favorite anime all the time.

Which ghibli movie is your favorite? I love everything with cats in it :teeheek:

• This anime messed me up quite bad when I first watched it. It's still one of my favorite animes of all time. I still feel like crying whenever I hear its ost... :cryingk:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 5cm is more emotional because maybe some of us can relate with the characters. It's still one of my favorite anime all the time.

Which ghibli movie is your favorite? I love everything with cats in it :teeheek:

Princess Mononoke is my fav, if I'm honest. Although Castle in the Sky also holds a special place in my heart.

• This anime messed me up quite bad when I first watched it. It's still one of my favorite animes of all time. I still feel like crying whenever I hear its ost... :cryingk:

One More Time, One More Chance?

Exactly. We often think we can't live without them who is with us now. But as time passed, we don't even greet when we meet

Maybe it's because we were expecting them to meet when they're adult and in love again like typical any romance movie (the one I mentioned above Tapestry, they end up together after tons of hardship). But the message on 5cm is realistic, we can't expecting real life is as magical as movie....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!