Boynextdoor entered melon top100... 5th gen is taking over

• It took TWS plot twist a couple of days to enter. I could see it doing decently digitally within a week or so. I think korea is warming up to BGS again :pepe_akorns:

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It took TWS plot twist a couple of days to enter. I could see it doing decently digitally within a week or so. I think korea is warming up to BGS again :pepe_akorns:

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Probably even sooner as it only took 5 hours to enter... It would be amazing if it does as good as plot twist though regarding longetivity.

They are definitely warming up to bgs again( new ones), but I also feel like it's the sound that's the main attributter here, SK is done with noise music, now there is a newer generation with cutesy and fun songs that's garnering gps attention

• Probably even sooner as it only took 5 hours to enter... It would be amazing if it does as good as plot twist though regarding longetivity.

They are definitely warming up to bgs again( new ones), but I also feel like it's the sound that's the main attributter here, SK is done with noise music, now there is a newer generation with cutesy and fun songs that's garnering gps attention

External Content x.com

Interesting, I wonder what led to this surge. Maybe it’s gp friendly music? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

• External Content x.com

Interesting, I wonder what led to this surge. Maybe it’s gp friendly music? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Probably

BND has been slowly getting increasingly popular since debut... Organic growth lol

• They have fandom like this to mass stream? I never knew because none of their releases did well previously.

It's not mass stream because they have a decent fandom in SK but not to this level so gp is also tuning in..... I remember that their last release But sometimes was close to entering top100 but didn't eventually

• figured this was inevitable

Their soundscape is right in line with TWS and Riize and from their debut I was like "This general sound might be what gets BGs back in Korean GP good graces"

• well, 5th gen BGs aren't taking over. It's just 4th gen BGs that are never appealing among GP to begin with

Aside BND, there are Plave, TWS, and RIIZE who still in the chart right now.

It's no longer about music. A noise music like "Siren" by RIIZE was peaked at #13 on MelOn top 100, so it seems like knetz actually skip the entire generation's discographies

• Txt is the 4th gen bg who has a proper fandoms in korea. Only one who can line up album tracks on real-time. Skz charting is barely present from what I remember? Enhypen does even worse than skz.

yes, they are barely charting but we are talking fandom in kr, SKZ and Enhypen still have a bigger fandom than BND

I just used them as an example.

• Finally ;( they were close last time with But Sometimes, and charted decently.

Hoping they get a breakout, Earth, Wind & Fire is so good. With the performance, even better.

External Content youtu.be

• But they started skipping the gen originally because of the increasing noise music. I wouldn't use Siren as an example as Riize is very trendy rn and anything by them would probably chart

• This is my fav bside OUR, so good.

• Finally ;( they were close last time with But Sometimes, and charted decently.

Hoping they get a breakout, Earth, Wind & Fire is so good. With the performance, even better.

Didn't they reach #103 last time? 😅 Was so close. Agree But sometimes is really good!!

I hope so... EWF has potential to be The song

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!