Former DIA’s Somyi Sentenced to 1 Year 6 Months in Prison for False Accusations Against CEO

• Further to this thread

Former DIA member Somyi has been sentenced to one year and six months in prison during the first trial.

According to News 1 on March 21, the former girl group member turned streamer, who falsely accused her agency's CEO of sexual assault, has been sentenced to imprisonment during the first trial and was detained after the verdict.

On this day, the Seoul Central District Court's Criminal 2nd Division sentenced former DIA member Somyi to 1 year and 6 months in prison.

Previously, Somyi filed a complaint with the police against her label's CEO, alleging he attempted to sexually assault her in January 2023. The case was initially dismissed, but Somyi appealed the dismissal, leading the police to review the surveillance footage related to the sexual assault.

The footage showed Somyi was lying. It showed Somyi leaving the room calmly with the CEO at the time of the alleged assault. Additionally, there was footage of Somyi entering his office and hugging the CEO, which contradicted her claims of sexual assault.

The prosecution argued that Somyi fabricated the allegations to coerce 'A' into ending his relationship with his girlfriend. However, Somyi denied fabricating the allegations, and her lawyer claimed that she was under the influence of alcohol, rendering her incapable of making sound decisions.

The court pointed out on this day, "While the victim's statements generally remain consistent both with the investigative agencies and in court, the defendant's statements lack consistency and do not align with the CCTV footage, resulting in low credibility."

The court explained, "The accused was exonerated and the charges dismissed, thanks in part to crucial evidence like surveillance footage and text conversations. Without this evidence, the outcome could have gravely involved criminal punishment. Despite the clear evidence, the defendant attempted to justify her actions by claiming she could not recall the events, being under the influence of psychiatric medication or alcohol."

The court continued, "False accusations are serious crimes that can subject the innocent party to unjust criminal punishment. The defendant's act of falsely accusing and making false statements to investigative agencies aggravates the severity of the offense."

Source: https://www.allkpop.com/articl…sations-of-sexual-assault

• It’s contradictory to accuse someone of wrongdoing and then claim you can’t remember the details once evidence surfaces that contradicts your version of events.

I believe her sentence would have been lighter if she had simply admitted to fabricating the story. Showing remorse often leads to a reduced sentence lol.

• I genuinely feel sorry for her. If you followed her activity since DIA's debut,even if only slightly, you'd know she never been in a healthy state mentally. I wish only the best for her. Knowing how Korea is extremely sexist and the difference of power between her and the CEO of her company, I still don't doubt her accusations.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!