‘Naruto’ Live Action Film in the Works at Lionsgate (The Hunger Games, Twilight) Destin Daniel Cretton (Shang-shi) Directing

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

‘Naruto’ Film in the Works at Lionsgate With Destin Daniel Cretton Directing
    Lionsgate has closed a deal with director "Shang-Chi" director Destin Daniel Cretton to write and direct a live-action film adaptation of "Naruto."
    variety.com

‘Naruto’ Film in the Works at Lionsgate With Destin Daniel Cretton Directing

naruto_movie-lionsgate.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1&resize=910%2C511

Lionsgate has closed a deal with “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” director Destin Daniel Cretton to write and direct a live-action film adaptation of the manga classic “Naruto.” The announcement was made today by Adam Fogelson, chair, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group.

The movie will be based on the manga created by Masashi Kishimoto. “Naruto” has printed over 250 million copies in more than 60 countries and territories. It follows adolescent ninja Naruto Uzumaki, who dreams of becoming his community’s protector and leader known as the village ninja.

“It was a true honor to meet Kishimoto-san in Tokyo and hear his expansive vision for his creation,” said Cretton. “We are very excited to collaborate and bring ‘Naruto’ to the big screen.”

Masashi Kishimoto said, “When I heard of Destin’s attachment, it happened to be right after watching a blockbuster action film of his, and I thought he would be the perfect director for ‘Naruto.’ After enjoying his other films and understanding that his forte is in creating solid dramas about people, I became convinced that there is no other director for ‘Naruto.'”

• stanBiSH

Changed the title of the thread from “‘Naruto’ Film in the Works at Lionsgate (The Hunger Games, Twilight) Destin Daniel Cretton (Shang-shi) Directing” to “‘Naruto’ Live Action Film in the Works at Lionsgate (The Hunger Games, Twilight) Destin Daniel Cretton (Shang-shi) Directing”.
  • Cringe. My expectations are rock bottom.

I have yet to see a live action anime remake that lived up the source material.

Closest so far is One Piece.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Cringe. My expectations are rock bottom.

I have yet to see a live action anime remake that lived up the source material.

Closest so far is One Piece.

unfortunately ONE PIECE's success is going to result in every major anime being adapted by Hollywood for there is also a My Hero Academia movie in the works too

what's worse is that while Kishi is telling fans that he is personally involved with the project so everything is good the truth is that his words aren't particularly reassuring, he is also personally overseeing the production of Boruto and so far the later hasn't lived to expectations

Hmmmm not feeling too good about this. Live actions tend to be worse than their animated counterparts.

if it was a series i would feel slightly more confident about it but i can't imagine how would you even fit a Naruto arc within a single movie for example the first two full volumes of Naruto are just about him meeting Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi and ends with the bell training, the stuff about Zabusa which is the actual first major arc takes until the end of volume 4

how would one fit that into a 120 minutes movie?

• Fuck everything about this

Where are the new part 1 episodes????

unfortunately they were "postponed" but to be honest they were most likely canceled, they were supposed to air back in October but the studio said that due to issues with the quality of them they were going to be rehashed, it's almost March already so half a year without news about it

[Brand-New Anime in Celebration of NARUTO Anime's 20th Anniversary] Broadcast Postponed | NARUTO OFFICIAL SITE (NARUTO & BORUTO)
    The broadcast of the new, 4-week animation celebrating the NARUTO anim
    naruto-official.com

worth mention that Pierrot are currently working on the new season of Bleach TYBW maybe that is related to it but in any case not only they haven't say anything about the new EPs but also no news of the Boruto anime coming back

• unfortunately they were "postponed" but to be honest they were most likely canceled, they were supposed to air back in October but the studio said that due to issues with the quality of them they were going to be rehashed, it's almost March already so half a year without news about it

https://naruto-official.com/en/news/01_1589

worth mention that Pierrot are currently working on the new season of Bleach TYBW maybe that is related to it but in any case not only they haven't say anything about the new EPs but also no news of the Boruto anime coming back

Bleach fucking people over until the very end:emotionalpepe:

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• aint no way

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

• I hope they at least cast actors that look like the characters....

fr i wanna see the cast

`✵•.¸,✵°✵.。.✰ 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘦. 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴 ✰.。.✵°✵,¸.•✵´

Dahyun, Jeongyeon and Jihyo in Talk that Talk MV | Twice, Merry happy,  Twice mv   Chaeyoung 🗡💙👓 - TALK THAT TALK MV (1) | Kpop wallpaper, Kpop girls, What  is love

`

• i mean the one peice show wasnt bad~

`

• there is also a My Hero Academia movie in the works

MK3AM

`

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!