Chaebols debuting in Kpop - I wonder whether anyone remembers Yukyung of APink

• APink was born because Hong Yukyung, a scion of a steel making family, and her family provided initial funding.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Her family was rich, worth collectively $1 billion, and she had inherited some shares but the family had a few siblings and she was a child of one of them, so her family's share was way short of $ 1 billion and the family did not belong to the top echelon of chaebols in Korea.

The other members were from average families. Son Naeun was a bit more affluent, and the families of others were nothing special.

But the guy running APink introduced Jung Eunji, who was from a certifiable working class family.

Yukyung left after a year or so of girl group life. She returned to her class, and after that not much is heard about her. Ironically Jung Eunji appears to be the only member Yukyung maintained contact. Jung Eunji has something to please people who come from significantly wealthier background than her; she is also friends with Shim Soyoung, a model from an affluent family, and Lee Seyoung, an actress whose family is also said to be from a wealthier family.

Yukyung's case showed that people from wealthier families do not really mix into the rigors of idol life. Of course there is the example of Sharon Myoui, whose mother WARNED to not talk too much with Minatozaki Sana who spoke the bases of Osaka dialect, spoken by the lowest social class there, but since she was an American it might have been a different story.

With rumored stories about Chaebols debuting as idols. I wonder whether they can endure the heavy schedules of KPop idols and all the discomforts, as well as the envy of other group members who will rather be happy to not have the chaebol member, like the APink members (other than Jung Eunji, whose class difference was so big from Yukyung that Y had no need to fear Eunji) 13 years ago.

• Apparently Chorong and Bomi attended the wedding, and Eunji, who could not come because of a previous schedule, congratulated her. That shows who would be the reason Yukyung left

No.

Rumor has that their company tried to "borrow" money from their families, Yukyung's family felt it was a scam and they pulled her out of the group, or so I have read, it could be internet bullshit.

• or maybe just at that time she read some bad comments about her looks or something

and knowing that she has money it wouldn't make sense to stay and be pressured

so she just focused on studies I think she finished some fashion university

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Some interviews / older updates

Where Is Former Apink Yookyung Now? Status of First Member Who Left the Group
    Years before Son Naeun's departure from Apink, the group already saw one member leave, and that's Hong Yookyung who was their main rapper. It has been nine…
    www.kpopstarz.com

APINK: HONG YOOKYUNG “The band is still so precious to me”
    On February 1st, 2021, an interview video with HONG YOOKYUNG, a former member of the group APINK, broadcast on the YouTube channel “Recent Olympics” went…
    kstationtv.com

• No.

Rumor has that their company tried to "borrow" money from their families, Yukyung's family felt it was a scam and they pulled her out of the group, or so I have read, it could be internet bullshit.

I do not buy that rumor, because Eunji was not in a position to 'lend' money to the company, and she had no illusions about becoming an idol. If Eunji had been asked to cough up money to become an idol she would have left.

It is possible Yukyung's family demanded more say about how the group was run given the money it invested, and the guy running APink said no and a fall out occurred, but I don't think the families other than hers had to cough out money.

Something like that apparently occurred in GFriend, where the father of Umji, part owner of a sizable dental group, basically called the shots. He might also have a great deal of say about how Viviz is run.

• I do not buy that rumor, because Eunji was not in a position to 'lend' money to the company, and she had no illusions about becoming an idol. If Eunji had been asked to cough up money to become an idol she would have left.

It is possible Yukyung's family demanded more say about how the group was run given the money it invested, and the guy running APink said no and a fall out occurred, but I don't think the families other than hers had to cough out money.

Something like that apparently occurred in GFriend, where the father of Umji, part owner of a sizable dental group, basically called the shots. He might also have a great deal of say about how Viviz is run.

Eunji was the talent, she was probably not asked for money.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!