Naming your child in my country VS United States

• My Country: "No, you can't name your child Carl with a C. That name isn't in the name book. Spell it with a K instead."

USA: "Yes, you may name your child Shrek Jungkook Lasagna Cersei"

Okay, this is an exaggeration.

Even though it has happened in my country that someone wasn't allowed to name his daughter something with a C in it.

Because C is not in my native language's alphabet.

• Woah that's interesting!

In my country, you can name your child whatever you want. I can't wait to have my first child and name them: Rosé Into the new world SNSD Blackpink are the queens of Kpop Anton Wobnin Hanni New Jeans the THIRD.

girl WHAT

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• I'm so curious about which country you're from. Is it Iceland? I know the Icelandic alphabet doesn't have a 'c'. Also... what is a NAME BOOK? Is that a real thing?? Seems bizarre to have rules around what parents can name their kids. But maybe countries with those rules think what's truly bizarre is letting someone name their kid 'X AE A-XII'...

elon-musk-grimes-baby-name.jpg

And just a few days ago, I was doing my grocery shopping and I heard someone calling her child. His name was 'Winner' :sweat:

• The name "Son Goku" was banned in Germany once after a guy named the kid after this anime character without his wife's aproval. He did this when she was still tired from giving birth and slept, behind her back. She sued him I guess and than they had to give their child a new name

Also till 2012 in Germany yo got forced to give your child a 2nd firstname that has a gender, if you used a genderless firstname for your child like Luca or Kim for example. So let's say you give birth to a girl called Kim, you got forced to put a secand name for example Kim-Louisa, so people would know it's a girl. However it gets a bit confusing when men have a femmale 2nd name. I mean there are (mostly older men) some who have a 2nd name like Maria, so there could be for example a man called Thomas-Maria. IDK why exactly this is legal but you need to identify a child's gender when its a genderless name or a girl. I mean it's not allowed to do it to a girl, so your daughter can't be called for example Mona-Lukas or Andrea-Leon, but you can name your son Thomas-Maria ... thats so weird to me.

Also some people got around some names when it became almost not allowed to them. I mean Pepsi-Cola is not allowed as a name but there are some parents in Germany who named their daughter Pepsi-Carola :skull:

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!