Y’all remember when YG’s “next BIGBANG” and a non-big 3 group made a comeback in the same day?

• If you thought of MAMAMOO vs BLACKPINK, I’m actually talking about less relevant groups

Back in 2017, iKON and Seventeen were coming back at the same day. The Kpop community was sure that iKON would be on top because they were coming for the biggest digital album of the 3rd gen at that point and YG mediaplay of them being the next BIGBANG was all over the place.

At the day, however:

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kinda bad, isn’t? Seventeen managed to out peak both of their titles with their release, and I mind you that at the time Seventeen was at the same level of GOT7 in sales.

Months after, iKON had probably one of the greatest hits of kpop with Love Scenario but even that didn’t help them as in today, Seventeen is the top active boy group and iKON is struggling to outchart a bside from our PLEDIS boys.

At the end, B.I was lucky because BTBT is also bigger than anything by iKON post his exit from the group.

meyJOS7.png

• You had to be there. I confess I thought iKON would indeed do better than Seventeen digitally. But as I said yesterday, YG fucked them up making them coming back so long after the success of the 'Welcome Back' album.

Anyway, I love 'Don't Wanna Cry', It's a very good song.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!