Vile behavior on the front page of Allkpop.com

• I have noticed many times that some posters post really vile comments one the front page. Nothing ever seems to be done about this.

Usually that was just one or two the same posters, but I just clicked on an article and it rivalled the ugliest Twitter fanwar threads in toxicty.

Why is nothing ever done about these posters?

It makes the site look unprofessional too if that is what people see when they visit here for the first time. There is someone with a "poor community rating" of over 70k and yet that person has still not been banned. See another one saying vile things about Jennie with a very poor community rating as well. Result is that I almost never read articles anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if more people stop giving clicks.

Maybe having such a poor community rating should be a sign that such people should be banned?

• Those vile comments and commenters bring engagement and ad money to akp owners that's why

• It's all Allkpop.com.

It's still the same website and the first page everyone sees when visiting for the first time. Someone looking for a good forum experience might be deterred from even signing up when they see that.

I remember being on that website for a while without knowing that there even was a forum.

• Akp is a tabloid type of “news” site, controversy and drama makes more click and revenue. Which is perhaps especially the case for kpop fans who are known to be “very dedicated”

• It's all Allkpop.com.

It's still the same website and the first page everyone sees when visiting for the first time. Someone looking for a good forum experience might be deterred from even signing up when they see that.

That may be but its been this way for years. Johnny doesnt monitor the news side that heavily though people do get banned but it has to be extremely severe. Complaining here wont solve it because no one here has anything to do with that end. Its been said many times.

It may deter people but it is what it is.

• That may be but its been this way for years. Johnny doesnt monitor the news side that heavily though people do get banned but it has to be extremely severe. Complaining here wont solve it because no one here has anything to do with that end. Its been said many times.

It may deter people but it is what it is.

Well, considering some of the things I see there, it needs to be very extremely severe then, since nothing is done about it.

And yes, I will mention it here. Maybe it will wake someone up. It doesn't look like a good calling card for the site at all and that affects the forum too.

Funny you say it has been said many times. Clearly I am not the only one who thinks it's a problem then.

• Well, considering some of the things I see there, it needs to be very extremely severe then, since nothing is done about it.

And yes, I will mention it here. Maybe it will wake someone up. It doesn't look like a good calling card for the site at all and that affects the forum too.

Funny you say it has been said many times. Clearly I am not the only one who thinks it's a problem then.

Get in line with tbe other complainers and nothing being done about it. Lol the only person who can do anything is @/johnny the owner. So good luck with that.

Edit: No matter how much complaining people do, the outcome will be the same. The staff HERE has no authority over THERE. They cannot do anything or make any changes. They will tell you to hit the report button or email info@6theory.com or dm Johnny. While your concerns are valid there is nothing that they can do. This is something that's been going on since akp has been opened. How else do people have -20k points.

• Get in line with tbe other complainers and nothing being done about it. Lol the only person who can do anything is @/johnny the owner. So good luck with that.

Seems you are angry that someone questions the status quo.

If you get angry with someone questioning a status quo full of vile people saying the worst thing, you are siding with those vile people.

Not a good look.

• Seems you are angry that someone questions the status quo.

If you get angry with someone questioning a status quo full of vile people saying the worst thing, you are siding with those vile people.

Not a good look.

Clearly you're not reading what I'm saying. Let me dumb it down.

I'm not angry and I even said your concerns are valid, however, complaining is wasting your time, as i have explained twice now 3 times. THIS side of the website cannot control that side and complaining here will not make a difference. I told you, that you need to talk to the owner, aka Johnny or email info@6theory.com.

Being on this forum for years I have seen this time and time again and I am telling you what to do because they cannot make a difference here. If you want to accuse me of something that's you're own damn problem. I'm saving you the headache of wasting your breath.

• Clearly you're not reading what I'm saying. Let me dumb it down.

I'm not angry and I even said your concerns are valid, however, complaining is wasting your time, as i have explained twice now 3 times. THIS side of the website cannot control that side and complaining here will not make a difference. I told you, that you need to talk to the owner, aka Johnny or email info@6theory.com.

Being on this forum for years I have seen this time and time again and I am telling you what to do because they cannot make a difference here. If you want to accuse me of something that's you're own damn problem. I'm saving you the headache of wasting your breath.

Don't be angry Jenn

• Clearly you're not reading what I'm saying. Let me dumb it down.

What you don't seem to get is that I this is a forum, so anything related to Kpop can be discussed.

This is a Kpop forum. Kpop related things can be discussed.

If we can not criticize anything related to Kpop because complaining is wasting our time, there is no point in having much of a discussion about anything here really.

• What you don't seem to get is that I this is a forum, so anything related to Kpop can be discussed.

So let me dumb it down for you: This is a Kpop forum. Kpop related things can be discussed. If we can not criticize anything related to Kpop because complaining is wasting our time, there is no point in having much of a discussion about anything here really.

Lol, go on ahead and complain over something no one here can do anything about lmfao.

• Lol, you go ahead and start telling everyone who complains about anything they don't like Kpop related not to bother from now on.

Youre making this into something else. I dont care what you complain about your op is over comments on the news side and you want something done about it i simply and politely explained no one here can do anything but you are now making this into something different. Just do whatever.

• And yes, I will mention it here. Maybe it will wake someone up. It doesn't look like a good calling card for the site at all and that affects the forum too.

people who run the forum aren't the same people who run the main site. You can complain about it here or any other random site, the result will be the same. Look on the main site if there's somewhere to share your concerns because it's useless here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!