Why do Kpop stans baby their idols so much?

• It's not the fault of any particular fandom, but I've noticed a tendency of Kpop stans coddling their idols, especially during collaborations with Western artists. This type of behavior often involves portraying their idols as more naive fostering a narrative that implies Western artists will "spoil" them. This could be due to the carefully manufactured personas that are common in the Kpop industry. IDK though, this is just my opinion. Why do you guys think this happens?

• Can't believe there are people calling Jungkook "our precious baby" after so many years have passed so weird and cringe

The way I knew someone would comment this...like I am sorry even the members cannot help it ok

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, I've definitely noticed some fans take the idol-babying thing a bit far sometimes. It is kinda weird to see grown idols still referred to that way after so many years.

Can't believe there are people calling Jungkook "our precious baby" after so many years have passed so weird and cringe

gotta let the "babies" grow up at some point, you know? I'm sure the idols find it strange too.

At the same time though, I get where some of the protectiveness comes from. These companies do cultivate really innocent public images early on. And streaming culture can get pretty intense/toxic nowadays too.

Anyway, as long as fans still respect the idols as professionals first and foremost, I don't think the affectionate nicknames necessarily cross a line.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!