the way YG’s been treating + managing BM so far kinda reminds me of what DR Music was doing between 2004 and 2020

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

so when I was watching one of Ploopy678’s vids all over again (it’s the second one on the history of Rania/Blackswan just fyi) I came to realize a bit more about how DR Music went down after the 2004 Ride West controversy to the point that it continually mismanaged Rania from 2011 to 2020 (the year the group got a rebrand into the Blackswan identity) with a crapload of beef involving its external and internal ties and whatnot :mads: (I mean sure DR Music wasn’t the best at dealing with the allegations of bullying between a number of Blackswan’s members back in 2021/22 either but at least the stuff it gives to Blackswan these days looks more polished than the Beep Beep Beep song it gave to 2017-era BP Rania, trust me :groovins: )

now tho with the way YG’s been dealing with BM's debut in mind it kinda reminds me of how DR Music had a tendency to announce Rania’s lineup changes pretty close to the group’s comeback/performance dates a number of times in the past (Jooyi taking Riko’s place because the latter went on hiatus in 2013 being announced after Just Go’s release/Alex Reid’s departure being announced 2 days after the 2017 Beep Beep Beep showcase/Namfon’s departure being announced around the time Rania’s final pre-rebranding lineup was performing in Romania in 2020/whatever) bcuz with Ahyeon's absence from BM's debut stuff being announced rather last minute there's been speculation from the lack of company-planned promo (which becomes a double whammy when you think of how SK's music shows don't tend to be broadcast during the country's end-of-year award show seasons) + blank space for a 7th member in the Batter Up choreography that she might rejoin the group's activities for the follow-up's release after which YG could as well start promoting its newest GG onstage (and possibly especially on music shows if the follow-up release happens in January 2024) but rn that's probably just speculation from me so :flop:

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

• Best Answer

Rania/Blackswan is 100x more messier than Babymonster and YG lol, I watched that video too, it was a trip. DR Music is a crazy company, to say the least. The only way YG will reach Rania's level of mismanagement is if they keep Baemon in the dungeon and if more members go on hiatus/leave.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!