Judge my BTS playlist and make yours!

• Yes, today is one of my 'missing BTS' days and the reason for this thread.

So I tried to arrange my BTS playlist into certain categories following the theme "The songs that define BTS"

*The rules: Make your top 5 BTS songs in each category with group songs only, no solos

The categories:

- Title tracks

- Singles (songs that have MVs but not title tracks, the Engish singles are counted here)

- The B-sides (make it top 10 because there are just too many good songs)

- Sub-unit songs (songs from rapline, vocalline or mix)

- The underrated songs (songs that people don't know exist and need more appreciation)

My playlist:

Title track (not in order):

- DNA (2017) - I never get the slanders for this song. Such a fun and refreshing track that marks BTS' breakout year on global markets. It has a special place in my heart because this was the era that I started stanning BTS.

- I Need U (2015) - I still remember the chills I had while watching its teaser and MV (the 19+ rated one), basically the start of a legendary era that was HYYH, so iconic in many ways.

- Fake Love (2018) - a masterpiece in both visual/conceptual and music aspect, it titled my most favorite BTS's album ever which is LY:Tear so all the more reason to be on my top 5 list.

- Blood, Sweat & Tears (2016) - I side-eye the Armys that don't have this song on their top 5 list :eyes: . Can't forget that iconic intro and the first ever award show performance I watched from them. (I'm still bitter we never get the RnB version of it)

- Spring Day (2017) - How can I not name this Queen? This song is another masterpiece from the MV, the choreography to the meaningful lyrics.

Singles:

Just One Day - I adore this thanks to the hilarious dance practice vid lol.

Dope - The song that put BTS on the map internationally.

Save Me - Beautiful and heart wrenching melody, the MV is the definition of less is more.

Mic Drop - still BTS' peak Hip Hop form that I fell in love with, the MAMA 2017 performance was a moment to remember.

Black Swan - painfully heart-breaking lyrics but described so artistically that I think it hurts even more after that 2022 Dinner Festa. The peak of MOTS:7. The choreography for BS is on my top 5 BTS choreographies too.

My top 10 B-sides. This is hard to pick because there are A LOT:

Silver Spoon - The performance is so fun and I love the contrast between the meaningful lyrics and the choreography lol!

Go Go - This is Run BTS (the show) in a song, it's that chaotic but adorable vibe from BTS that I love the most

Run BTS - I will never get over how this was never promoted or got an MV

Butterfly - Peak ballad-BTS

Tomorrow - This song can literally cure depression

Magic Shop - Most popular BTS fan song, love the performance with ARMYs singing along

Answer: LY - Peak soft-BTS, perfect ending for the healing LY era

Mikrokosmos - Another "encore" track, love the uplifting melody/vibe and beautiful lyrics which plays visually in my head whenever it's on

134340 - Most unique BTS track imo, the song that I would mostly recommend to non BTS fans. Rap line did a fantastic job here.

Louder Than Bomb - 2nd most unique BTS track, the lyrics are so painful but the this song truly highlights the unique colors of BTS's vocals that it's a crime we have never seen it being performed live!

Sub-units:
    House Of Cards

The Truth Untold

Cypher pt.4

Outro: Tear

Ugh

Underrated/underappreciated songs:

Look Here

We On

2nd Grade

Ma City

Heartbeat

What about your playlist?

ArmyTaglist

• i know you probably already know this, but there's some personal info revealed in posting your own Spotify playlist :finger-heart: stay safe!

i know but it's ok for me. (i put it under spoiler anyway).

internet harm can't hurt me but thanks for worrying :finger-heart::borahae:

• Love your list! :borahae::finger-heart:

I don't think I can do this all at once. Let me just start with title tracks and why I think they represent BTS the best

In no particular order:

I Need U:

Besides being a spectacularly produced song with great lyrics, this was BTS's breakthrough moment.

Blood, Sweat and Tears:

The replay quotient on this song is so high, the song is just in your head. And the symbolism. DAMN.

IDOL:

This could have been a diary entry about their lives, but instead of a sad heartbreaking song, it turned into a celebration. The 2018 MAMA performance will forever be my favorite.

Spring Day:

QUEEN. No explanation needed to ARMY, but for others, look up the Sewol Ferry Tragedy

Fire:

V said his favorite lyrics were these: "Set everything on fire, bow wow wow." Anyone who says they've never felt that with haters (what this song is about) is lying. And then Suga's forgiveness at the end. Just iconic.

When I get to b-sides and sub-units, Outro: Tear is gonna be front and center in both and y'all know why!

• I love your reasons for these title tracks. I feel that each of their titles is symbolic for each era, it's hard to pick the best, so i just put it as favorites :pepe-sad:

Also, thanks for the response lol I know this is hard to pick and you need to think more because I spent all morning to make that list looking through their whole golden discography, so take your time!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!