"Dragon Ball DAIMA" series announced! sequel to Dragon Ball Z Anime, story by Akira Toriyama + premieres in 2024

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

since a few weeks ago there were rumors of a new Dragon Ball Anime being in the works, "DAIMA" is an original story set in the universe of Dragon Ball, according to Toriyama himself his involvement in it is going to be greater than his contribution in "Super" were he only was in charge of the story and a few character designs, here in DAIMA Toriyama not only created the script but he also wrote entire episodes by himself, is the most he has worked on the franchise ever since the original run of the manga ended

the plot has been compared to Dragon Ball GT since it revolves about Goku, Vegeta and the other main characters being turned into children by the antagonist, because of that they are going to scale down the power levels in the story and is going to be more in the adventure side, there is no mention of which part of the story is going to be set but seems to be at some point between the end of the Buu saga and the start of Battle of the gods (since neither beerus nor whis seem to appear)

message from Toriyama

Hello. I'm Akira Toriyama.

I'm currently working on a new Dragon Ball.

The title is "Dragon Ball Daima".

"DAIMA" is a made-up term, which in Japanese characters would be "大魔" or in English would be something like "Evil."

Due to a conspiracy, Goku and his friends are turned small.

In order to fix things, they'll head off to a new world!

It's a grand adventure with intense action in an unknown and mysterious world.

Since Goku has to make up for his petite size, he uses his Nyoibo (Power Pole) to fight, something not seen in a long time.

I came up with the story and settings, a well as a lot of the designs.

I'm actually putting a lot more into this than usual!

Things will unfold that close in on the mysteries of the Dragon Ball world.

Hope you all enjoy these different-from-usual battles that are cute and powerful!!

• stanBiSH

Changed the title of the thread from “"Dragon Ball DAIMA" series announced! sequel Dragon Ball Z Anime, story by Akira Toriyama + premieres in 2024” to “"Dragon Ball DAIMA" series announced! sequel to Dragon Ball Z Anime, story by Akira Toriyama + premieres in 2024”.
  • Ngl, I love Dragon Ball, but I'm tired of seeing stories about Goku.

If you're going to do a new story, have it focus on Goten and Trunks or even Pan or something.

Though, I know Japanese fans love Goku, and any DBZ series that does not focus on him doesn't do that well, but still, I really don't see the point.

We've already seen Goku running around as a kid. 3 times now! What more of a story is there to tell?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• So this is basically something like Dragon Ball x Dragon Ball GT

But the characters from Dragon Ball Super will be in it as well?

Lol and of course they are children because why not xD

On the other hand this could be like a revamp for current children who will grow watching this and as usual kids under 10 years old will easier fall in love with young protagonists

External Content www.youtube.com

• i keep thinking STOP MESSING WITH DRAGONBALL

toriyama doesnt even remember half the things he wrote with the original series that ended half his lifetime ago

but

they just

manage to pull off these epic moments like UI and TOP and even the latest manga arcs

so im a bit excited too

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!