Movie references in ATEEZ's Bouncy

• Shortly after Bouncy came out, I wanted to make a thread like this. (Or at least, where I talk about the music video itself e.g. saying why there is a parrot in it)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The reason, why I decided to make this thread now, is because I just found out that it possibly references the Thai martial arts movie Ong Bak.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Or at least, I saw a scene from that movie and thought it seemed a bit similar to the part of the music video with San fighting.

Tony Jaa's outfit also looks a bit similar to San's. Probably just the tank top.

I have seen a tweet where someone said that the thumbnail is a reference to The Hateful 8.

q2_c1f7g8vivAFIroNl3RUBdLlEEOaDYRZ6siSeZbvxJAzxzuCQm3gNHIboAM0YOq_Wr6Q

It being The Hateful Eight matches with ATEEZ.

Seonghwa's and Yeosang's part is reference to the anime movie Akira.

The music video also seems to take place in a cyberpunk world, just like that movie. ATEEZ also have a song called Cyberpunk.

I admit that Bouncy actually made me read some Akira mangas.

and the music video also has Yeosang doing the popular Akira bike slide part, which has been referenced in many medias, including an episode of The Simpsons and the horror movie Nope.

giphy.gif

Yunho revealed in their MV reaction video that the part where he and Jongho show their IDs is a reference to a scene in My Sassy Girl.

my-sassy-girl-5.jpg?w=950

about Hongjoong and Mingi's part...

I'm not sure about if they are making a reference to any movie.

If they are, it is most likely a wild west kind of movie.

I guess I need to watch more westerns lol

If there are other references, then I might have missed it.

Moved the thread from forum The Arcade to forum K-POP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!