What do you think about NewJeans not using 250 and taking a tiktok-friendly direction?

• A lot of Koreans are salty that 250 was not used for this new album of New Jeans and most of the songs are bland, with less Korean used in the lyrics and shorter, adapted to tiktok.

It is clear that Min Heejin was alarmed by the success of Fifty Fifty and took NJ to take that direction, which is to make NJ more 'in tune' with the global trend of short , listenable , playlistable songs.

Since NJ is already established in Korea, and there is really nothing more for NJ to prove in there, I think for a business reason NJ made the correct choice, although there will be quite a few who will miss 250's songs.

I think the reason the NJ members bothering to visit Korea's greatest domesticist, who is not exactly KPop, to pay their filial duty (Haein is half the official age of the domesticist) is to maintain the existing the Korean fans who will be disappointed by this album

I think that moving on to abandon Korea and aim for global fans is an unstoppable trend, no matter what the ultimate fate of FF might be, and it will lead the 4th gen acts away further and further from Korea.

• I didn't know that 250 was absent! I felt the beats were 250-esque so I assumed he was still involved, but did notice they were less impactful.

My hope for Newjeans is rather than making the shift themselves, that they keep to their original style and plans and pull the global audience closer to them. They're probably one of the only groups I see that could be a taste maker as they've done it before to shift the "domesticists" ^^

Probably just my wishful thinking since I prefer their previous hits.

• They had success with Ditto, OMG so it's the right move to take the advantage to push it further. NJ is the only group can try it because their music allows them to be accessed by the public around the world. This album is trageted to global market with 1PM release and all. Also, 250 is on ASAP.

:pepe-notes:

• I didn't know that 250 was absent! I felt the beats were 250-esque so I assumed he was still involved, but did notice they were less impactful.

My hope for Newjeans is rather than making the shift themselves, that they keep to their original style and plans and pull the global audience closer to them. They're probably one of the only groups I see that could be a taste maker as they've done it before to shift the "domesticists" ^^

Probably just my wishful thinking since I prefer their previous hits.

No. He is not. Guess Min Heejin thought his tunes were geared towards the Koreans.

I think 250 will produce the R U Ready group since his song mostly works to build a Korean fanbase, and as the acts move on to the world he is replaced by someone more palatable for the global fans.

• 250 is on the album tho, he is credited as producer for ASAP... (credits of the songs Cool with you, ETA, Get Up aren't revealed yet, so he could be on these tracks as well)

ETA is already revealed and his touch is not present, so there are only two remaining songs which might have his touch.

But given that the songs being promoted are not his, it is likely that this time his song will be a b side song

• They had success with Ditto, OMG so it's the right move to take the advantage to push it further. NJ is the only group can try it because their music allows them to be accessed by the public around the world. This album is trageted to global market with 1PM release and all. Also, 250 is on ASAP.

:pepe-notes:

This move is clearly influenced by FF's success and since NJ has 2 authentic English speakers Min Heejin decided she would do better than Siahn.

Also the trend did change - tiktok, playlist-able music, and easier listening is the trend so NJ is following it

• The biggest mystery till date still has to be how the supposed ‘Kakao privileges’ has not brought together their biggest artist (IU) with their most promising artist (IVE) in a long time on IU’s Palette. Absolutely mind boggling they haven’t met officially or had a variety together smh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!