2012 Sungkyu vs 2023 Sungkyu

• Hum, I think the only difference is the lack of red hair, well..... and the glow up :mooning:

The band, fanchants and music are on point in both.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• nah there's a pretty big difference

still one of the more recognizable older idols though

Obviously like fashion etc lol. Older styling in Kpop can be kind of weird especially late 90s and 2000s. It was def getting better by 2012, it wasn't like TVXQ and SUJU debut era level bad.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• Obviously like fashion etc lol. Older styling in Kpop can be kind of weird especially late 90s and 2000s. It was def getting better by 2012, it wasn't like TVXQ and SUJU debut era level bad.

i actually like older styles more

like late 2nd gen - 3rd gen was my favorite

they look too posh and pretentious now and honestly, i wasnt born posh so i cant relate

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• i actually like older styles more

like late 2nd gen - 3rd gen was my favorite

they look too posh and pretentious now and honestly, i wasnt born posh so i cant relate

Ahh, interesting I haven't seen too many people that are big into the older styles. It is nice to see a different perspective.

For me early kpop was lower quality then what was coming out in Japan in the 90s and early 2000s and the styling seemed to be heavily influenced by Jpop.

I think I would much rather listen to 90s and 2000s Jpop than 90s and 2000s Kpop, though I would say the opposite about 2010s and 2020s.

Sorry off topic but

There are some real gems in 90s and 2000s Namie Amuro, Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda, Mika Nakashima etc

Tho my fav is Hikaru Utada:

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• a TON of japanese music is still really high quality and I'd argue significantly better than the average kpop song

however, its true that its hard to discover because it doesnt have high production value, and does not have the big budget and sex appeal like kpop MVs to catch eyes

you kind of have to search a lot of japanese stuff on youtube ( i do for art ) and accidentally make the algorithm recommend you a lot of underrated japanese music and there's tons of gems coming out every year

and that song brings back very dark memories

the drama its from was horrifying to me as a teen

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Ahh, interesting I haven't seen too many people that are big into the older styles. It is nice to see a different perspective.

as for this, i just generally like more edgy, rebellious looks like the ones that were more popular back then

especially the leaner sharper faces and sharp haircuts

nowadays everyone seems to have smooth baby faces and wavy hair

u r m o m g a y

• They made a new Jdrama centered around that song, one of the better Jdramas I have seen recently. And I like current Jpop as well. There is just a lot of cringe Jpop that doesn't appeal to me. Right now I like Yuuri.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• They made a new Jdrama centered around that song, one of the better Jdramas I have seen recently. And I like current Jpop as well. There is just a lot of cringe Jpop that doesn't appeal to me. Right now I like Yuuri.

Jpop seems like an inferior version of their own music

its weird

they dont need to be like kpop, they can be so much better in their own way

nice song btw

here's an artist i recommend :

External Content youtu.be

u r m o m g a y

• he is the most amazing iconic legend of 2nd gen. He aged like fine wine. His voice gives me chills he's so unique. Amazing smile. And extremely humble. The only thing that changes was my love grew lol

That man can sing the alphabet to me and I'll melt

• Good song, I was afraid you were going to recommend me something like Baby Metal or AKB.

I'll give you one last recommendation of what I like:

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• he is the most amazing iconic legend of 2nd gen. He aged like fine wine. His voice gives me chills he's so unique. Amazing smile. And extremely humble. The only thing that changes was my love grew lol

That man can sing the alphabet to me and I'll melt

I agree. I wish he got to promote the other songs on his releases on music shows.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• I agree. I wish he got to promote the other songs on his releases on music shows.

sameeee his whole discography is amazing

off his new album i LOVE

also

• sameeee his whole discography is amazing

off his new album i LOVE

also

Jump really sounds like something he would have put out years ago but with modern polish, it is great.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

• Jump really sounds like something he would have put out years ago but with modern polish, it is great.

yesss it's right up there with cold and savior for me!!! I love this sound and his unique voice!

• Good song, I was afraid you were going to recommend me something like Baby Metal or AKB.

I'll give you one last recommendation of what I like:

sounds like some kind of dramatic OST

u r m o m g a y

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!