The idea for survival show

• 1. 30-40 contestants join a show

2. there is a draw where everyone one by one goes to the vase and picks out a ball, inside the ball is a group name: A, B, C, D, E, F

this way we have selected teams, they expect to be battling each other on stage, but there is a plot twist

3. suddenly big door opens and real-life full group comes out from it, for example: Everglow or Dreamcatcher etc. let's name them "original" group to short things out

4. and the task of contestants is to beat the full group in stage performances

so we have like 6 groups + that one original full group

at the end of round one the group with smallest number of points/worst performance is eliminated

but judges/mentors are able to save 1-2 best performers from that eliminated 'group'

5. next plot twist can be something like:

- in round 2 there is another draw

- in round 3 if contestants manage to outpoint original group in a way that original group ranks lower than top 3 then original group is kicked out of show

what do you guys think? wouldn't this be cool and something new and fresh?

• Hmm, I am not sure how that's better than Queendom (where rookie groups face off against experienced groups) because in Queendom there are multiple groups that the audience might know but here there is only one.

I thought your idea was going to be that they compete only using songs of Everglow or Dreamcatcher (or the original group), or Round 1 is Artist A's songs, Round 2 is Artist B's songs, etc and it would be like a cover competition dedicated to certain artists.

• Hmm, I am not sure how that's better than Queendom (where rookie groups face off against experienced groups) because in Queendom there are multiple groups that the audience might know but here there is only one.

I thought your idea was going to be that they compete only using songs of Everglow or Dreamcatcher (or the original group), or Round 1 is Artist A's songs, Round 2 is Artist B's songs, etc and it would be like a cover competition dedicated to certain artists.

yeah that's the plot twist kind of like world championships or olympics when you are a newbie you qualified yet you still need to beat a champion to win that gold medal

• All survival show will end up as a popularity show, mainly if they are hosted by mnet. It's futile.

Unless if the show had some batches of judges, like 100 professional dancers, 100 professional singers, and 100 idols.

Never include fan's voices, their judgement is never about the performance, it's about how to make their fav not eliminated or win the show, no matter what happened.

Other groups had better performance? F*ck that, my favs must win.

Call this show "300"

A survival show that are curated by 300 judges for the idol's performance. They can only rely on themselves to survive. Your fans can't help you if you can't keep up with other idol's skills.

Originally the goal is to make 1 temporary super group consisting 7-10 people.

But what if there are more than 10 worthy idols? Like what if we end up with 5 or 6 main singers in the finals?

Scrap the idea of just debuting only 1 group. Make it 2. You could use them to compete with each other even after debut. Because so far, competition in kpop is subtle.

Now, make it more obvious, a 2 super group based on pure talent competing with each other. This will riled up fans who loves competition. Make them always comeback on the same day. Use #TeamA #TeamB hashtags. Heck, even other idols from other groups may interested in them and will have a group that they will root for

But actually, it will be exhausting for the idol involved tho. Competition is exhausting. So 2 years of contract is too long.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!