MV with understandable storyline ????

• Pretty easy to follow the plot imo even if it's a little open ended

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dreamcatcher MV's supposedly tell stories, sometimes entire arcs. I'm too dumb to understand most

R.o.S.E BLUE is coherent thouhg

I thought of that too. I don't think we are too stupid or unobservant, how I think about it is that filmmakers have to balance nuances with ease of understanding. They might have something to express that is complicated, and although by simplifying things they would be more obvious that would ruin the nuances. So they accept making something confusing as a sacrifice for their self expression.

I don't feel like finding the exact quote right now but in Min Heejin's interview on Hybe's new building construction she says something along the lines of, "There is a difference between a meaning that is taken [exactly as it is presented] and a meaning/interpretation that is realized independently". What I took from that is, although it can be frustrating when some art is confusing, something that one has to think about and figure out or work a little bit to interpret can be more meaningful than something that is just easily fed to the viewers in a one dimensional and rigid way. So when something is ambiguous and causes confusion that actually gives it a greater potential payoff as it makes people think deeper and comprehend more fully. In the end it is a longer process that has a greater reward. I guess that is the way many artists think when they say things that are hard to understand.

Personally I like this. The first time I watched I just said ok. The second time I watched I was reliving the song and only at the end I realized

, and then I realized what the point was, and I was like o. my. god. and rewatched it. Just watch the first and last 20 seconds and you will get it XD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!