No More Minors In KPOP? South Korea’s NEW Law Changes Everything!

• the vid's title is a bit...

that new law is not about banning minors. It's to prevent an idol exploitation of being overworked and not getting paid as they should. Also to prevents the thing that happened between Loona and BBC.

and inside of it, they stated a max. limit on Idol's work hour, based on their age group.

ironically, that law is insinuating that they accept a minor to work in industry, even below 12 yo.

• If I remember correctly, many countries have this law for child actors and young talents to work for certain hours. That’s really great if Korea implement this too. Tbh I didn’t know Korea do not has this law in place already.

*now there’s issue of YouTuber families that exploit their kids for contents and filmed them day and night - they are not subjected to this law.. crazy

• Wait how did I not see your post duh? I made the same

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• interesting

I've always said I have nothing against minors debuting or working

it should be the exploitative practices that should be kept in check or rather that kpop contracts should have more transparency...

• There should be more additions:

- Minors can't perform after 10PM unless they are staying in the city in hotel for a night

- Minors can't start work earlier than 6AM with an excemption of MV filming

But for me still most important thing of this is that they can't dropout from middle school. Btw. I'm still shocked that high school education ain't mandatory in SK.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is what an actual sensationalist baiting title looks like whippetthedog

let’s humour you and assume the op of that earlier thread didn’t know what a title like that would do, shall we? so they think jennie is the best right? then why would they or you take offense when other people think some other idols are actually the best, and come to that thread to say it? is that user the only one allowed to have an opinion, and as long as their opinion is masked by the tag “appreciation thread” with a title that puts down every other idol in existence like that, no one is allowed to rebuke it? but yeah, they didn’t have any purpose to bait responses from people disagreeing when they made that aggressive absolutist thread title at all lol. next time if they don’t want people who have different opinions to come and yet still want to use a title like that, put a disclaimer like “my opinion about the best idol is absolute and no one is allowed to disagree” in the thread, so that certain people’s sensibilities won’t be offended that an “appreciation thread” didn’t turn out the way they want lol

• let’s humour you and assume the op of that earlier thread didn’t know what a title like that would do, shall we? so they think jennie is the best right? then why would they or you take offense when other people think some other idols are actually the best, and come to that thread to say it? is that user the only one allowed to have an opinion, and as long as their opinion is masked by the tag “appreciation thread” with a title that puts down every other idol in existence like that, no one is allowed to rebuke it? but yeah, they didn’t have any purpose to bait responses from people disagreeing when they made that aggressive absolutist thread title at all lol. next time if they don’t want people who have different opinions to come and yet still want to use a title like that, put a disclaimer like “my opinion about the best idol is absolute and no one is allowed to disagree” in the thread, so that certain people’s sensibilities won’t be offended that an “appreciation thread” didn’t turn out the way they want lol

• That’s exactly the point. If it’s not an insult to jennie to say for eg rose is actually the best, then why did you and some people take offense when other people come to a thread that claims “jennie is the absolute best” in the most aggressive way to say no they don’t agree bc they think it’s rose?

Tbf I couldn’t really find the correct words to describe what i meant and “put down” doesn’t really cut it, but i gave up trying to find the right words lol :facepalm:

• That’s exactly the point. If it’s not an insult to jennie to say for eg rose is actually the best, then why did you and some people take offense when other people come to a thread that claims “jennie is the absolute best” in the most aggressive way to say no they don’t agree bc they think it’s rose?

Tbf I couldn’t really find the correct words to describe what i meant and “put down” doesn’t really cut it, but i gave up trying to find the right words lol :facepalm:

• Well yeah which circles back to my initial point from that other thread lol. There’ve been countless appreciation threads made before on akp and there’s almost never any fuss about them, yet only that one thread attracted so many disagreeing posts, wonder why :melon_think: Surely the way op worded their thread and title had nothing to do with that :melon_think:

• I hope it is too, it's wrong imo to have minors who are still children debuting in groups. They are not physically or mentally mature for the rigors of K pop and feel it is inappropriate on so many levels.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!