what bothers you the most about minors in kpop? is it the child labor thing? the questionable stuff they're contractually obligated to do? if it's about the labor then do you extend your disapproval to every kid in other industries making money in some

• way like the kid youtubers earning six figures doing reaction videos or a kid selling lemonade around their block? should all of society ban children from commerce? if it's about the weird stuff in kpop then what if the group never does any of that stuff? do you think it's okay then or still wrong regardless? what about the fans? does that mean there are millions of potential pedophiles out there in the open making the estimate of around 5% of the population being pedos way off when it's more like 20% in this scenario?

• Just that I don't feel they should be allowed to debut so young. They are after still children and should be able to stay children and have a childhood. Also, their bodies and brains are still developing and feel they are not mature enough to handle the rigors of K pop. There could also be the opportunity of older males wanting to prey on them. Thirteen is way too young for any field. Let them finish school first.

• it's not just kpop

Entertainment industry is very predatory toward women and children. Atleast with adult women, they gave their own consent to be a part of it. In kpop its parents who sign very unfair contracts for their children. Their money usually goes straight to the parents accounts too.

A very big eye opener was Sulli and Hara family going to court to fight over their money even before the funeral is over.

Same also goes for youtubers. I suspect within next 10 years there will be massive lawsuits from those kids toward their parents.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• lack of transparency

I have no problems with contracts if both parties have informed consent and are aware of the trainee debt and get provided monthly/weekly/etc updates on it

• Proper schedules and sleep are the things i worry about the most for younger idols and trainees (beyond the obvious bad shit like abuse, bullying, eating issues, etc). These insane schedules where theyre dancing till 3AM are ridiculous. This shit aint healthy, contrary to popular opinion, you actually need MORE sleep when you're young not less. Us boomers can get by with 6 hours, but kids need like 8-10 hours.

If you're 14 or younger as a trainee or idol, i would limit workdays to 6 hours max. Between 14-17 i would limit workdays to 8 hours max, and from 17 onwards, i would STILL limit workdays to 10 hours max. Working from 9 to 7pm is actually really pushing it, but then to hear stories of idols working 16-17 hour days is just mindnumbing. Idol work is not effing easy, dancing for several hours a day, then getting jammed into a classroom for vocal lessons, schoolwork and learning foreign languages. Those are demanding things, they take a lot of focus.

• Of course! When we talk about kids in K-pop, there are worries about whether they're doing okay. They have really busy schedules and have to do a lot of stuff because of their contracts. It's not just about work; it's also about making sure they're safe and happy. And it's not just in K-pop; it's important for all kids who work to be protected and taken care of, no matter what industry they're in. We want them to enjoy what they do but also be safe and well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!