I want to listen to something like that from NewJeans. What about you?

• Id like to hear something like that from NJ.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A mix of a historical and traditional concept and sound with something more modern and artsy. (Like synth pop and electro). Something touching and meaningful yet bouncy and dance pop.

If you remember their Chuseok photoshoot concept. Dang it was gorgeous.

1662435253-fb8ejs2aaausckj.jpg

That with something like a traditional fairy concept. Maybe something mysterious, etheral and a bit mythical.

I feel like this traditional concept would be very fresh and unique going in an opposite direction to all the hip hop girl crush or ae futuristic concepts going on in kpop lately.

And of course they would keep their sound identity, something minimalistic, gentle and very modern. Taking their old + modern nostalgic original concept to the next level.

I think that fairy or fairytale direction could be an interesting one for them too. Like there where some hints of it in the OMG mv with the princess storyline.

So a song and a concept like that would be really great to.

This songs in Oh my girl discography were glimpse of genius. It's kinda sad that oMG didn't try to do more of such work. But maybe NJ can?

Like Hype boy is amazing but i don’t think Nj should spend all their time putting out Hype boy 2.0 or 3.0 every comback you know. They should explore more and try various concepts. That would be more interesting.

Moreover if NJ did a touching tradi concept like that, i think they could become nation gg in korea like SNSD. They could struck something very deep in the korean gp and bring somehting modern yet specific to the world that could put a light on korean tradi culture.

What do you think of this concept? What concept and musical direction would you like Nj to try?

• bluebird1984

Changed the title of the thread from “I want to listen to something like that from NewJeans” to “I want to listen to something like that from NewJeans. What about you?”.
  • OMG's Closer, Remember Me, and Secret Garden are massive sleeper bops. I consider them OMG's Holy Trinity. I would love to see NJ move away from tired overdone Y2K and go for these OMG concepts, get em doing REAL Kpop songs wbk.

External Content www.youtube.com

• OMG's Closer, Remember Me, and Secret Garden are massive sleeper bops. I consider them OMG's Holy Trinity. I would love to see NJ move away from tired overdone Y2K and go for these OMG concepts, get em doing REAL Kpop songs wbk.

well i think that NJ are doing y2k il the best of ways. I don’t mind them keeping that youtfull concept, it's like a mark. It suits them. But that doesn't mean they can't explore various concepts.

I think beyond y2k, the heart of their concept is this crafty mix of old and modern elements to make something new and FRESH out of it. So if you're y2k all the time, you will lose that freshness and the heart of their concept actually which is more about 'freshness.'

And i feel like this mix between historical and modern art and music would be the next level of freshness.

• In no way shape or form on any planet can they sing like omg.. these girls are average YouTube singers talent level.

Omg have very perfect harmony and singing.

You don’t need to scream high notes to make a beautiful song. NJ actually have very pretty voices, specially Hanni and Dani ¬‿¬

Ps: even tho i do agree than another vocalist member would have been a great addiction yup

• The fifth season, closer, windy day are my oh my girl’s holy trinity :pepe-pray:

No one’s doing that type of song and concept anymore including oh my girl themselves :cryingr:

Maybe NJ will take inspiration from it? Ditto already gave me this sort of etheral vibe to it and in OMG there were hints of fairytale lore as well...

and i know Hyien covered Yooa's Bon Voyage so maybe MHJ is actually gonna try that direction in the futur, who knows?

• Omg songs are difficult to sing and have splendid harmonies.

It would not fit well with new jeans basic voices. I know akp users that sing better

Disagree. NJ voices aren't basic at all, you have no ears if you say that :skull:

Hanni has one of the prettiest 4th gen voices out there.

And yes vocally there are many things NJ couldn’t do as well as OMG but that’s besides the point because taking inspiration doesn’t mean doing the same thing. duh

• Idk if you only want to see the NewJeans girls doing all this thing, or you are willing to see the concept itself to be tried with other group

But if you want to see the concept and sounds itself, maybe CSR will do the justice! (In their next comeback or near future)

New jeans specifically, i think it would really suit them. And it will take their concept which is a sort of vintage nostalgic vibe with modern sounds to the next level.

Because i think their core concept is not y2k but "freshness". If they want to stay fresh they can't keep on going on doing the same concept all the time.

This historical concept would fit them like a glove. With Minji and Hearins visuals too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!