My 2022 Jpop year-end list!

• i listened to over 500+ Jpop songs this year so i thought why not make a list with my favorites? i only included songs with MVs, i enjoy watching the videos and to me a good MV adds a lot to a song so i put a "penalty" to songs that don't have one

that is the main reason why some artists that i really like didn't make it to the list (usually in my main groups i like the B-sides better) in any case these still are some if not my favorite releases of 2022

WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA - Edison

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i've enjoyed all their releases so far but i have a soft spot for this one since it was Utaha's breakthrough song

Ado - New Genesis

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i love ONE PIECE and i like Ado, if anything the only reason it isn't higher is because i haven't watched ONE PIECE RED yet

YeYe - Suttonkyo feat. BIM

really nice song, it wasn't until this year that i discovered YeYe

SANDAL TELEPHONE - ReviewPreview

SANDAL TELEPHONE are still underrated and they are still putting out great music

rurulu - Night dress

the most "indie" act in the list, they also have the honor of having the most unusual release of 2022

NECRY TALKIE - Kimi ha Inase na Girl

one of the most fun songs / videos of the year, always puts a smile on me

ps: Mossa did nothing wrong

GANG PARADE - Priority

2022 was a great year for GP, i look forward to what they have planned for 2023 in the meanwhile you may be interested in their 137 long song compilation album

ReoNa - Shall we Dance?

this year i became a big ReoNa fan and currently she is my favorite Anisong singer, not only the song is good but the video is excellent, a huge theatrical number

35.7 - Uso Uso Honto

my favorite rock song of the year

Hitsujibungaku - Hikaru Toki

i love Hitsujibungaku, to me they are not only one of the best artists in Japan but worldwide, everything that has their name is excellent, in Hikaru Toki case both the song and video are beautiful

if anyone is curious the girl in my profile picture is Hitsujibungaku's vocalist Moeka Shiotsuka

and my top song of 2022

Kinopo - Brilliant Way Home

probably my post played song this year, i wouldn't necessarily say it is the best song of Japan this year since that would be subjective, that said is definitely my favorite, i love both the song and video, i just let it play on loop and i enjoy it every time

i'm expecting great things from Kinopo in 2023 so in the meanwhile i let you with this thread

Kinopo are one of the most interesting new groups in the Jpop scene!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!