Could Exo have managed their enlistment better?

• They will be back as a full group in 2025 same as BTS but having spent double the years apart enlisting, compared to BTS. Should SM have strategised better?

Approved the thread.
  • They handled it good imo. All the members have time for solo endeavors

• It depends on what members want. BTS prioritise group.

• exo ls were confident bts will lose armys.

wonder if exo can compete with bts with lesser fans

• Not talking about you OP, so don't worry.

But I knew because of BTS strategy, and how they were able to stretch their enlistment time to only 2 years max, people would look at their faves and wish they would've done the same thing or lets say their group didn't start enlisting yet, they would want their group to follow what BTS did.

I don't think companies gonna do that with their 4th gen boy groups though. Cuz they like to milk as much as possible, and they need as many members around as possible to continue having group comebacks, even with missing members.

But to answer your question, I think EXO could've did it somewhat better. Because as you know companies love waiting all the way till the member turn 28 to then send them off.

And counting the time from Xiumin who went first in 2019, that's 7 years of enlistment💀. With a member going every other year or so.

I think in this situation, you can't help but to compare to BTS, because they'll be serving a shorter enlistment time then every other group.

• they care more about solo projects than the group and they list according to it. it sucks for the group fans only but they can't do anything about it

• it depend on what you like as a fan

if you like their solo period, than you're probably happier with each exo member getting his time to shine, without having to "rush" your solo (compared with bts members, who have been doing 3 solos in just ~5months). But if you're a true group stan, you'll probably prefer them getting back together quicker.

one thing i'm wondering about is if they would have benefited from the kpop globalisation. it's bts that truly introduced it, but it's also bts that surpassed exo & took their #1 top spot as kpop group since 2016-2017.

• No, exo had a say in their decision. DO enlisted early because he wanted to focus on acting, he's an excellent actor and others according to plan. Exo made the right decision you can't depend on group popularity throughout your life. It's better to make a name individually too.

• They did what they wanted to do, what was right for them and what worked for the company. They didn't need to manage anything "better" because there wasn't anything wrong with what they chose to do. Just like there's nothing "better" about what BTS have chosen to do, they're just doing it differently.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!