Publicly traded punishment...

• So I was thinking back to the Game Stop stock fiasco that happened a while back and I was wondering. Is Blockberry Creative or it's parent company a publicly traded company. So a few years ago traders were shorting Game Stop stock and intentionally driving the company under. A lot of small investors bought the stock in mass and pushed it's price up harming the short sellers and making a lot of money in the process. I wonder if shorting Blockberry or it's parent company could drive their stock down. You could also double punch them by first lots of people buying a small amount of stock. Count that money as a loss, your going to lose it. Blockberry's or it's parent company's stock will go up temporarily. Then at the same time, short Blockberry stock and sell the stock you've purchased. This could cause an financial avalanche. First, stocks take a hit when large amounts of that stock enters the market because everyone is selling and no one is buying. Others see everyone else selling and sell them selves out of panic. Second, stocks take even more of a hit when everyone selling and people are shorting the stock. You could also trade futures on the stock betting that it will go down hurting the stock even more. The clincher, most business loans that use stock as a collateral become due as stock goes down. We already know BBC is in the financial toilet drain so they would be unable to make payment on those loans when they come due. I'm not an expert so if anyone know's better let me know.

• Shorting is betting on that the value of the company will decrease on its own.

You might want to try something a bit more concrete like rug-pulling

(slowly accumulate BBC stock and then sell all at once)

Possibly considered an illegal pump & dump.

• Possibly considered an illegal pump & dump.

ehhh not really. Pump and dump gets people to buy based on false promises of security and growth or directly inflates stock prices based on massive buying of the stocks.

its walking a thin line but I think if you randomly and steadily buy BBC stock based on good buy times, and then wait for the next major scandal to happen to dump people can chalk it up to a normal investor got cold feet.

• Shorting stock doesn't inherently decrease its value.

actually now that I think on it if everyone wants to short bbc, that is collectively saying "oh I'd think that bbc is declining, and then that in turn goes on to have a negative outlook on BBC stock which will then decline the stocks by a bit.

Tweets can lose a company a cool million via stock valuation, so why not actual stock actions themselves?

• actually now that I think on it if everyone wants to short bbc, that is collectively saying "oh I'd think that bbc is declining, and then that in turn goes on to have a negative outlook on BBC stock which will then decline the stocks by a bit.

Tweets can lose a company a cool million via stock valuation, so why not actual stock actions themselves?

Small short positions are not normally disclosed, and so can't ferment fear. I don't know what the disclosure requirements are though. If you do go around saying "hi my name is Grimes and I have put a gigantic short on Blockberry Creative because I'm a Loona stan", you once again get into market manipulation trouble. Speaking of.

ehhh not really. Pump and dump gets people to buy based on false promises of security and growth or directly inflates stock prices based on massive buying of the stocks.

Isn't that what we're talking about.

In any case, what we're talking about is still illegal, even if you can evade detection by gradually upticking the stock or by buying and disclosing massive short positions. The fact of having the conversation: "Hey lets manipulate this stock so that we can crash it" is in itself criminal were it to happen.

• In any case, what we're talking about is still illegal, even if you can evade detection by gradually upticking the stock or by buying and disclosing massive short positions. The fact of having the conversation: "Hey lets manipulate this stock so that we can crash it" is in itself criminal were it to happen.

1. This is all hypothetical

2. Only if you get caught.

3. This would be fans taking power in a way that would terrify the entire music industry.

4. Most fans would be to broke to do this (Me), to young, or don't understand how to do it so in reality it's just a discussion.

• 1. This is all hypothetical

2. Only if you get caught.

3. This would be fans taking power in a way that would terrify the entire music industry.

4. Most fans would be to broke to do this (Me), to young, or don't understand how to do it so in reality it's just a discussion.

I'mma add a 5th here:

Especially for those meme stocks, they specifially disclosed that they bought and held those stocks to cause harm to the private equity firms that had tried to short gamestop or amc. it stands to reason that even though declaration of harm is somewhat illegal there are cases where it simply isn't feasible to pursue it as such.

• So I was thinking back to the Game Stop stock fiasco that happened a while back and I was wondering. Is Blockberry Creative or it's parent company a publicly traded company. So a few years ago traders were shorting Game Stop stock and intentionally driving the company under. A lot of small investors bought the stock in mass and pushed it's price up harming the short sellers and making a lot of money in the process. I wonder if shorting Blockberry or it's parent company could drive their stock down. You could also double punch them by first lots of people buying a small amount of stock. Count that money as a loss, your going to lose it. Blockberry's or it's parent company's stock will go up temporarily. Then at the same time, short Blockberry stock and sell the stock you've purchased. This could cause an financial avalanche. First, stocks take a hit when large amounts of that stock enters the market because everyone is selling and no one is buying. Others see everyone else selling and sell them selves out of panic. Second, stocks take even more of a hit when everyone selling and people are shorting the stock. You could also trade futures on the stock betting that it will go down hurting the stock even more. The clincher, most business loans that use stock as a collateral become due as stock goes down. We already know BBC is in the financial toilet drain so they would be unable to make payment on those loans when they come due. I'm not an expert so if anyone know's better let me know.

Won't happen

Kpop fans are not gamers or hardcore larp trolls on Reddit which means unfortunately the majority of fans lack the intelligence financial portfolios and maturity to do any of that.

The overwhelming majority of fans are young usually teens or very early twenties and usually of the type of people who have zero interest in stem and jobs/ hobbies relating to finances and investment or corporations so the likelyhood of a kpop stonks to the moon meme movement is next to impossible

• Won't happen

Kpop fans are not gamers or hardcore larp trolls on Reddit which means unfortunately the majority of fans lack the intelligence financial portfolios and maturity to do any of that.

The overwhelming majority of fans are young usually teens or very early twenties and usually of the type of people who have zero interest in stem and jobs/ hobbies relating to finances and investment or corporations so the likelyhood of a kpop stonks to the moon meme movement is next to impossible

I'm not sure I agree with the stem part but I can't really argue with what you say.

• The overwhelming majority of fans are young usually teens or very early twenties and usually of the type of people who have zero interest in stem and jobs/ hobbies relating to finances and investment or corporations so the likelyhood of a kpop stonks to the moon meme movement is next to impossible

U really spread all your preconceived notions with all the confidence of the world lol

What does interest in stem have anything to do with listening to kpop 😂

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!