Opinion: The industry is ultimately all about individuals and it's stupid for fans to hate on the most popular member. Thoughts?

• I see how people always hate on "special treatment" or the most "pushed" member. This is the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard in Kpop.

The industry and life in general is always about the most popular/successful member in a group setting.

- In Kpop, even though there's SNSD, people think of Taeyeon and Yoona

- In rock, there's Queen, and there's Freddie Mercury

- In sports, there's Chicago Bulls, but it will always be Michael Jordan and the rest. There's Patriots, but it's all about Tom Brady

Going back to Korean entertainment, the idol group phase of their career is so limited, and while you're working as a team, no one should blame someone for promoting themselves, because that's what it's all about at the end of the day.

Look at how a first gen idol Eugene is still working to this day even though her group S.E.S disbanded like 50 years ago. And how other idol actresses are still working like Yoona, Hyeri, Suzy, Sejeong, Nara etc. And in solo music there's Taeyeon, Sunmi, Chungha etc.

It's all about the solo brand and it's dumb for fans to hate on the one singular most successful and popular member.

Approved the thread.
  • I mean, it's bound to happen.Regardless if a company is pushing someone or not, there will always be a most and least popular member, no matter how big or small the differences are. Some companies even take advantage of that because hey, they like money and will take an opportunity when they see it.

I agree, nobody should hate on a member because he/she is the more popular, because that's mostly out of their control and it happens. I have no problem with people stanning 1 person out of a group as long as they don't pointlessly hate on the other members, which a lot of solo stans do unfortunately.

• I don't think hating on members is right but companies shouldn't push members when we have the cases where members who weren't pushed or seen as the main members of the group became the most popular (V Lisa etc). If company trusts idol then they should be able to become big enough without favoritism.

• I don't think hating on members is right but companies shouldn't push members when we have the cases where members who weren't pushed or seen as the main members of the group became the most popular (V Lisa etc). If company trusts idol then they should be able to become big enough without favoritism.

Maybe the other idol you think the company favours is more talented and equally popular?

• Maybe the other idol you think the company favours is more talented and equally popular?

In my pov, favoritism doesn't mean one getting more lines, I've stanned many groups where despite getting more lines because of their vocal ability one wasn't the favourite one I mean look at sm groups . I've no specific idol in my mind rn while writing this post, but we know damn well why do they push only one member and that's just not right. It's not right to try and make one member face/main when all of them are putting same efforts unless it's hani, jooe or seolhyun case.

• i agree with you, but also when a member is more popular than the rest and the company mistreat him/her. It is plain stupid.

For example Lisa. For years her outfits were the worst, and the company stylist always saying that she respect members taste. But when she made her solo, Lisa stated that she was happy to make her own pick of the outfits... :| yeah.

Now the company had no choice but give her the spot she deserves. But they did try to put her down

• i agree with you, but also when a member is more popular than the rest and the company mistreat him/her. It is plain stupid.

For example Lisa. For years her outfits were the worst, and the company stylist always saying that she respect members taste. But when she made her solo, Lisa stated that she was happy to make her own pick of the outfits... :| yeah.

Now the company had no choice but give her the spot she deserves. But they did try to put her down

YG already had another member as the face in their promoted who was promoted a lot during predebut, so imagine their shock when there's another member who becomes the face of the group by fans/gp. And on the top of that, she was a forgeiner. No forgeiner has ever been pushed as the face/main member in any group.

the older stylist was terrible but I think it was her as a stylist that did a bad job jennie happens to give more input in her styling but having sad that Jennie and the other members have gotten questionable outfits too

YG already had another member as the face in their promoted who was promoted a lot during predebut, so imagine their shock when there's another member who becomes the face of the group by fans/gp. And on the top of that, she was a forgeiner. No forgeiner has ever been pushed as the face/main member in any group.

Jennie is still the most popular member in Korea by far but if that was YG's intention isn't up the company to decide who is their main girl? idols are still a product and investment. don't get why Lisa fans get man when she is in the center on photoshoots or is considered a center to the point of trending Lisa is leaving YG.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!