Omega X agency changed fancafe passwords to stop members from communicating with fans

• source:

Spire Entertainment Reportedly Changed All Passwords On OMEGA X's Fan Cafe So That Members Could Not Access It - KpopHit - KPOP HIT
    Spire Entertainment reportedly blocked all OMEGA X members’ communication with FOR X (OMEGA X’s fans) on their fan cafe by changing the passwords. In an
    kpophit.com

The members made their new Instagram account regardless of the memorandum they signed that stated they would have to take “civil and criminal responsibility if uploading to social media without the agency’s consent.”

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now we know that this was OMEGA X’s attempt to reach FOR X after Spire Entertainment broke all access to their social media accounts. Kyunghyang reported that “Spire Entertainment, having all the members’ personal information, changed the password of each member’s personal account on the fan cafe without any notice.”

Since Spire Entertainment operates the official fan cafe, the company restricted the communication. It was done so via an ID that members usually use too.

Yet, this act by Spire Entertainment could result in imprisonment for the guilty party as personal information was stolen.

Attorney Jang Hyuk Soon of the law firm Eunyul said, “If you break into a communication network without permission or steal other people’s information, you may be sentenced to imprisonment for up to five years or a fine according to Article 71 of the Information and Communications Act.”

Spire Ent responded.

source:

OMEGA X’s agency says changing fancafe passwords was to "prevent the leak of their personal information"
    SPIRE Entertainment replied to reports of them cutting off OMEGA X’s communication with fans on the Korean platform Fancafe by changing their passwords.
    www.sportskeeda.com

“We did not intentionally cut off communication between [the members] and their fans; it was a measure we took to prevent the leak of their personal information during the process of changing the staff member in charge of fan marketing. At present, each member has been issued a new password, and they are now able to access the fancafe.”

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• the level of pettiness the company keeps stooping to with every news cycle :pepe-shame:

I can't believe it's still ongoing, like they won't stop, they're burying themselves more and more out of pure pettiness, malice and unprofessionalness

mKl7Ghm.png

• Seriously why are they all not in jail already? SK prosecutors are slower than ever :skull:

I'm cautiously hoping that what the lawyer in the post said can be something to use against Spire Ent

mKl7Ghm.png

• I can't believe it's still ongoing, like they won't stop, they're burying themselves more and more out of pure pettiness, malice and unprofessionalness

Wait it gets worse. We need a fan raid plus police raid on spire because it was revealed that the ceo didn't leave the company she's now in charge of trainee development and is trying to debut a new group 🤡🤡🤡🤡✋ she needs to be stopped before she abuses more people get all those people out of that hell hole

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!