I'm Honestly NOT Looking Forward To BTS V Solo Album

• No offense, but his songs are not good....to ME.

He slurs his words, and sound like he got a mouth full of marbles when he sing. It’s definitely a stylistic choice and it definitely isn’t for me. Kinda sounds like he’s choking on honey-alcohol with the way he slurs his words together. Lowkey makes me picture loud middle aged men drinking at a pub, and I really don’t like that.

I know he been into Jazz and slower type songs lately, but from some of the snippets I've heard from him of that type of sound he's trying out, they sound mid.

And the solo songs he released on Soundcloud sound very samey too. Like no differentiation at all.

Also I don't really like him singing in English.

Like it's kinda hard to tell what he's saying when he sings.

When he sings in English I don't even notice until I read the lyrics. I remember this happened with 'Winter Bear', the whole song was in English but I had no idea bc I couldn't even tell what he's saying, so I assumed it was Korean, until I read the lyrics💀. The first line is "she looks like a blue parrot" but he sounded like he said "she looks like a balloon perry" or smthg like that.

And his breathy singing in all his songs I noticed has become too common.

I love him, and appreciate his hard work. :borahae::borahae::borahae:

I like his solo songs in BTS albums too, and I know he's tryna find his sound.

But its just something about when he put out solo songs apart from BTS albums, they dont sound good and sound too mellow or depressing.

Approved the thread.
  • Don't worry he'll slay without yall, armys literally did no mass streaming, goals or projects for Christmas tree and it still has the highest streaming rate among solo songs on spotify . We taehyung biased armys aren't expecting anything from this fandom after our experience with his sweet night and ct. Let us enjoy his debut. Yall go brag about his vogue sales and Celine show to drag blackpink.

• Don't worry he'll slay without yall, armys literally did no mass streaming, goals or projects for Christmas tree and it still has the highest streaming rate among solo songs on spotify . We taehyung biased armys aren't expecting anything from this fandom after our experience with his sweet night and ct. Let us enjoy his debut. Yall go brag about his vogue sales and Celine show to drag blackpink.

Exactly , ct and sn didn’t get the full fandom support as we saw how much they did with other ost during its first week .But thankfully ct got great longevity and sn still getting good streams too

• Exactly , ct and sn didn’t get the full fandom support as we saw how much they did with other ost during its first week .But thankfully ct got great longevity and sn still getting good streams too

True i thought ct would suffer because it only had 1.4m debut streams but I'm shocked that its still gaining around 550k_

-600k streams daily and it'll reach 200m soon in a couple of days. He has a decent solo fandom (if not the biggest). We'll carry him i just hope there are no set ups or toxicity. I just want to enjoy his music.

• I love taetae :borahae: , I've been a fan of Taehyung for as long as I've been a fan of BTS, and that's 4 years now. They're my ults.

But unlike everyone else who's commenting, I don't have to support something or stream something just because.

That's the issue with Kpop groups nowadays, y'all listen to these songs and buy these albums when the music ain't even that good for achievement points.

And I know that's always been a thing, so I don't need anyone tryna explain anything to me lol. I'm just saying, y'all don't really even like y'all faves music half of the time, but will take anything and eat it up.

Now I know there's people who GENUINELY DO like Taehyungs music, like I know. But I know majority are just in it for records- just to do it, not cuz the song was "sooo amazing" smh 😐.

• Dear I've been stanning bts for like past 7 years atleast and I'm used to this drama yall create whenever tae releases something, i know this thread is the reaction to his portfolio, isn't it? And I never asked u to stream his song. I clearly said I'm confident tae will get the appreciation he deserves by his fans (his solo fans and armys who are looking forward to his music). There's nothing wrong with not mass streaming the music u don't like but genuinely asking, did u have the same opinion about other bts songs which are objectively bad? or is it only an issue when it comes to tae? Because last time I checked we don't stream osts because they're not under Bts and don't profit them but look where are we at now.

• no one here has a problem with people not being interested in certain music,

but why spend time writing a whole thesis on how much you are not looking forward to something?

that's the ACTUAL issue with kpop, instead of just ignoring that what might not be your taste, y'all have to make a big dramatic announcement about it and push your opinions on everybody else...

not your thing? don't pay attention to it.

also, your last pharagraph tells me all i need to know about you - typical bitter diet stan.

you could have left it at the fact that you don't like his music genre, but going all "majority are just doing it for records"?? you haven't even heard his solo, yet already decided majority won't like it and will only listen to it for the records? gtfo

no real ot7 would be this bitter about unreleased bts music.

• look op first no one asked.

2nd his songs despite having not a great start, still have extreme longevity, because there are many out there who loves his songs.

3rd somehow his songs always become a gp choice like CT. So don't worry he will do amazing.

And for idiots saying armys doesn't support him, need a reminder that his and jin's osts both had same debut streams. They released near each other.

reason Stay alive did better was because it got promoted as an ost of official manga of bts which hyped it a lot and jimin's ost did so good at debut because loads of people liked it at their first listen and after stay alive armys start supporting osts as official releases.

So stop with this victim mentality all of you. Jin's astronaut got great support despite his ost yours having not so great debut numbers. What made you think armys won't support taehyung.

• "I love him :borahae: " Sure :suure:

Nobody forces you to listen to his songs, just don't listen to it if you dislike it so much.

• Even if half of the fandom comes and write their critical analysis on taehyung's music , it won't effect me and I'm sure it's the same for many taehyung biased armys who've witnessed sweet night era. It's mandatory at this point to come and write essays on him whenever he releases something.

• so you're a visual and bandwagon/success stan? got it

• who is liking OP's post?? Lemme just write down those names, I better not see yall cosplaying as OT7 or Tae fans later.

like, nobody will force you to listen or buy his music, what's the point of a big announcement of how much you don't like his music (even though you supposedly love him, which, lmao), all you're trying to do here is incite a fanwar and get him dragged.

I don't vibe with X and Y member's solo music as much but I still gave it a try and you won't see me making a big deal about it everywhere. It's music, nobody will know if you listen to it in your own private time. And you lost all credibility when you said other people are just listening for the records - you know just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean NOBODY can like it, right?

• The strange thing is V's voice and pronunciation/ enunciation sounds just fine when he sings English lyrics for bts songs ( like butter, bad decisions etc)but it sounds soo muffled on his solo ones. Maybe poor production issues?

• Too many OT6s in this fandom, do not call yourselves Armys please

• The strange thing is V's voice and pronunciation/ enunciation sounds just fine when he sings English lyrics for bts songs ( like butter, bad decisions etc)but it sounds soo muffled on his solo ones. Maybe poor production issues?

This is true. Agree.

Nah it isnt production, its definitely a stylistic choice...a choice I just can't get with, no matter how much I love him.

I thought for the longest why he keeps singing in English when that's not his strong suit, but then I figured "he's doing it so his songs can appeal on a international scale", but I just don't like it. Him singing in Korean sounds better and is easier for me to ignore whatever he got going on singing wise, but when it's in English, any flaws immediately stand out.

Also I wish he can switch up his sound too.

Like try something different musically for his solo songs, like POP or R&B or even alternative rock. I'll just take anything, as long as it's NOT the same ole slow-breathy songs or " jazz", which it doesn't suit him tbh and I feel he's tryna put himself in a box that doesn't fit him.

MY OPINION.

• welcome to kpop :-)

• Just saying, I easily figured out what his lyrics were on the group English songs because his enunciation was just fine and I'm saying this as a person who has English as my 3rd language.

That's why I assumed maybe it might be a production issue. But then again, his songs racking the streams up and looks like he really enjoys signing in this style lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!