IVE's album sales were questioned after kakao was exposed by jtbc. Did Kakao and SS do to their numbers?

• I'm sure you've heard that JTBC(a SK national television network, not rumors made up by fans on the qoo) exposed Kakao

People in the pannchoa comments spilled that ive album sales still pulled 100k sales after their promotions ended and no fansign in sight. Even blackpink can't do it and somehow non big 3 rookies did? Interesting fact is newjeans 400k+ albums were sold out or were out of inventory but it never happened to ive? There was no report by the retailer that requested a restock for such
    "massively selling album"? according to those people.

They also lost to Big Bang in voting when their fans are known to be way older and lazy, but only 1 group that sold hundred of thousands of albums somehow lost to them. Where did their fans go?

Someone also mentioned starship said majority of their sales were from Japan (500k), but only bts managed to sell that much and twice, the biggest gg only managed 200k? Where did their albums go? Why did their Japanese single sell only 90k then?

Someone brought up their single albums, but apparently bts BUTTER single album charted on Oricon/BB Japan and ive never did? Lsf and kep1er outcharted them? What's the truth?

No pre-orders, no receipts?

And they even managed to beat that trot guy in the morning hours when bts and bp couldn't? Ofc ive songs are popular there, I don't doubt that, but are they that big? Bp got #1 on flo, the chart that's supposed to represent the gp's taste since it's harder to top, but only #2 on Melon? Allegedly SISTAR were famous for manipulating the charts (older people were caught listening to them at 4 am in the morning). After Monsta X sneak and Melon leaving out Winner, I really side eye them. Were BP robbed?

And no, I don't stan any of the groups mentioned above. I am, however, here for the mess.

What's going on? Discuss

Approved the thread.
  • Ohhhh this is getting juicy :starryeyes-pepe:

Can’t wait to see the mental gymnastics their stans will come up with next to explain all of Starship’s shady business regarding many of their groups old and young, which is impossible to keep up with atp :iconpepe:

• I'm sure you've heard that JTBC(a SK national television network, not rumors made up by fans on the qoo) exposed Kakao

People in the pannchoa comments spilled that ive album sales still pulled 100k sales after their promotions ended and no fansign in sight. Even blackpink can't do it and somehow non big 3 rookies did? Interesting fact is newjeans 400k+ albums were sold out or were out of inventory but it never happened to ive? There was no report by the retailer that requested a restock for such

"massively selling album"? according to those people.

Are IVE's album sales numbers adding up? - K-News & Releases - allkpop forums

This accusation already bought up way before Kakao's issue.

They also lost to Big Bang in voting when their fans are known to be way older and lazy, but only 1 group that sold hundred of thousands of albums somehow lost to them. Where did their fans go?

Someone also mentioned starship said majority of their sales were from Japan (500k), but only bts managed to sell that much and twice, the biggest gg only managed 200k? Where did their albums go? Why did their Japanese single sell only 90k then?

This is also straight up lying and why haters is exactly doing the same thing as what Kakao doing(spreading negative fake news). No one said ive sold 500k in Japan. IVE sold 650k in China.

kin. on Twitter: "when did Starship even say most ive sales came from japan...? after like sold 650k+ albums from their china bars alone and ive's streams came from these countries so u might want to find the other 20% there and the remaining in korea https://t.co/iFjWshdVIV" / Twitter

Someone brought up their single albums, but apparently bts BUTTER single album charted on Oricon/BB Japan and ive never did? Lsf and kep1er outcharted them? What's the truth?

No pre-orders, no receipts?

And they even managed to beat that trot guy in the morning hours when bts and bp couldn't? Ofc ive songs are popular there, I don't doubt that, but are they that big? Bp got #1 on flo, the chart that's supposed to represent the gp's taste since it's harder to top, but only #2 on Melon? Allegedly SISTAR were famous for manipulating the charts (older people were caught listening to them at 4 am in the morning). After Monsta X sneak and Melon leaving out Winner, I really side eye them. Were BP robbed?

It doesn't matter at all. You don't chart better just because you are BTS and Blackpink in Korea. Both Newjeans and IVE both have higher uls than them like look at the chart currently and Younha also at #1 in the Melon Real-Time Chart right now so is it rigged then? GP always bigger than Fandom, when you have high uls, your 1 hour uls(that determine real-time chart) will be higher even if it is at the morning. You can argue their number is fake, but then again prove it.

For Monsta X sneaking in award, please check how many comebacks they have this year between the tracking time this year and understand how award show work before accusing. This kind of artist award (Artist of the year, best solo/group/rookie) count both title track and b-sides' numbers, and all albums are counted within the tracking period.

Monsta X have 3 comebacks within this year tracking time. 1 English + 2 Korean album.

Sistar's manipulation have no proof. Just salty big 3 stans can't admit that they beat by non-big 3 company.

And no, I don't stan any of the groups mentioned above. I am, however, here for the mess.

What's going on? Discuss

Nothing going. If you want to accuse something, please have valid evidence and not just source: I don't think this is right.

• TBH I love tea and would be looking forward to it but Starship idols are so boring. I can’t even muster enough interest to really care. I’m glad to feel validated that IVE’s popularity is exaggerated because I never understood it.

• Don't care what you peeps say but hybe is also sus and maybe the biggest sus in the whole kpop world

• Ohhhh this is getting juicy :starryeyes-pepe:

Can’t wait to see the mental gymnastics their stans will come up with next to explain all of Starship’s shady business regarding many of their groups old and young, which is impossible to keep up with atp :iconpepe:

we don't have to say anything cause next cb they will outdo your faves again and y'all will keep barking like the pathetic haters u are

• sure jan

believe whatever someone on the internet with 3 likes said

reliable sources

• People in Pannchoa don't follow IVE so I suggest you stop listening to them because IVE had been doing fan activities after promotions. Just goes to show how these people completely lost the plot and are only interested in using this issue to target IVE.

• Back in the days starship were also known for sasaeji early in sistar's career and later the whole produce rigging fiasco. Now it all makes sense now that I think about it. I wouldn't say I've's popularity is inorganic but seems quite blown out or proportion in comparison with other rising girl groups now that you are bringing up some good points.

• we don't have to say anything cause next cb they will outdo your faves again and y'all will keep barking like the pathetic haters u are

Translation: we have no issue with cheating as long as we success stans keep getting fed with our idols’ success oh hell yes Starship we love you!!!!!

• Something did seem off about IVE's popularity, but Newjeans have had an almost identical trajectory and I don't see anyone calling out Hybe. So I really don't know.

But if it is all fake and mediaplay I still think it's the fault of fans. KPop tries to give us what we ask for. There was a demand for lore, we got lore. Profound themes and messages fans could write dissertations on? OK then. Crucial that idols are songwriters? Here you go, writing credits for all. Numbers and statistics for bragging? Can do. If you weren't all crunching numbers every hour of the day for bragging updates on twitter companies wouldn't be conspiring to deliver those results.

• TBH I love tea and would be looking forward to it but Starship idols are so boring. I can’t even muster enough interest to really care. I’m glad to feel validated that IVE’s popularity is exaggerated because I never understood it.

you don't need to understand it lmao

• Translation: we have no issue with cheating as long as we success stans keep getting fed with our idols’ success oh hell yes Starship we love you!!!!!

what cheating? theyre destroying in every chart both inside and outside korea, all of this bs means nothing but copium

• Something did seem off about IVE's popularity, but Newjeans have had an almost identical trajectory and I don't see anyone calling out Hybe. So I really don't know.

But if it is all fake and mediaplay I still think it's the fault of fans. KPop tries to give us what we ask for. There was a demand for lore, we got lore. Profound themes and messages fans could write dissertations on? OK then. Crucial that idols are songwriters? Here you go, writing credits for all. Numbers and statistics for bragging? Can do. If you weren't all crunching numbers every hour of the day for bragging updates on twitter companies wouldn't be conspiring to deliver those results.

new jeans popularity may be because 1) their fresh/y2k concept and a sense of nostalgia 2) good marketing/controversy. Plus they are a HYBE group so they hype is definitely there and there are many other suspicious things about IVE and now knowing kakao owns Pann things makes more sense about all the trending articles when her trending doesn't match her popularity with the general public

things to notice:

- If their first week sales of 920k copies is real, then there should've been a significant amount of pre-orders, but none have been reported ❌

- They sold 460k copies their first day, 420k copies the next four weekdays, (and 40k on the weekend). So they were selling 100k a day that week but there have been no real time updates on receipts or group orders ❌

- Somehow, even with these sales, they are not selling out or running out of inventory. Compared to New Jeans, who had 440k pre-orders and 320k first week sales, they were completely sold out offline

• I've about to be the biggest group from all these clout.

• what cheating? theyre destroying in every chart both inside and outside korea, all of this bs means nothing but copium

you need me to spell it out for you that bad? using dirty tactics is foul play = not playing fair = cheating. and that very attitude of yours right there, cavalierly disregarding this scandal and still boasting about sales and charts because your faves will still succeed, say exactly where your priorities lie and what you care about. it’s certainly not a guilt free conscience or playing fair to get what you want. success stans don’t care about all that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!