Do you like it when solo songs are added to group playlists (like the artist THIS IS playlists)?

• I hate it.

It’s not even because I don’t like exo solo music. I adore it. But EXO is EXO and solo is solo. I went to Day6’s and RV’s page on Spotify and it’s the same there as well.

I feel like there’s no need to continually mix the solo identity with the group’s tbh.

Sometimes I just want EXO. 🥹

• I love it. I consider solo music an extension of the group music if that makes sense. Same goes for sub-unit songs as well. If it's done by a member of the group, while they're in the group, it counts. At least to me anyway.

TBH I find that insulting to the solo artist but that’s just me.

Factually Chen’s sound is very different from EXO’s same for Suho or Kai or the others. They have their own sounds. They have their own identity.

It also doesn’t acknowledge that stanning an artist doesn’t mean you stan the musical direction of their solos.

I can’t expect ALL EXO fans to love Chen’s ballad sound or Suho’s rock sound etc.

Anyway it maybe be okay for group where the soloist makes similar music to the group or don’t have a musical identity of their own.

In EXO’s case their solos are all distinctly theirs so I don’t see it as an extension of EXO.

• I see what you mean now. I still stand by my viewpoint, and I don't find it insulting personally, but I think I understand yours slightly better. You do have a good point. Sometimes musical direction can be very different, and that is a good thing, because then there's something for everyone.

• I dont use the this is playlist usually

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!