Actor Xu Kaicheng being fired from roles and edited out of things for cheating scandal

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I thought of another Xu Kai

The celebs with cheating and all kinds of bad scandals are still top stars in my country

If they're doing their jobs well, they shouldn't be losing it because they have a messy personal life.

As long as they're not committing crimes against others, at least.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I dislike cheaters but from what I read - this was like ‘we were on a break’ situation and I don’t know how I feel about her releasing the recording after they ended their relationship.

All that aside, I still like his acting when I watched Novoland Pearl Eclipse. I hope this doesn’t end his career.

• I dislike cheaters but from what I read - this was like ‘we were on a break’ situation and I don’t know how I feel about her releasing the recording after they ended their relationship.

All that aside, I still like his acting when I watched Novoland Pearl Eclipse. I hope this doesn’t end his career.

Basically my take on this as well. Besides - she even acknowledges it was sort of a break for them, but she still released it knowing this would completely destroy him and he'll lose his livelihood.

mKl7Ghm.png

• the issue is that morality is very strong in countries that follow a Confucian upbringing? background? (I can't think of the word) and thus morality is very important in countries such as China

thus any potential breach of such morals will likely get a person blacklisted and cancelled faster than saying the "n" word over in the west!!!

• the issue is that morality is very strong in countries that follow a Confucian upbringing? background? (I can't think of the word) and thus morality is very important in countries such as China

thus any potential breach of such morals will likely get a person blacklisted and cancelled faster than saying the "n" word over in the west!!!

Nah I think this is crazy Chinese stan and fan groups, including the antis and trouble makers, adding fuel to the fire and less about the morals because they do online bullying and stalking all the time to claim the moral high ground.

If it was for legit criminal or illegal activities, I would understand like tax evasion etc.

• Nah I think this is crazy Chinese stan and fan groups, including the antis and trouble makers, adding fuel to the fire and less about the morals because they do online bullying and stalking all the time to claim the moral high ground.

If it was for legit criminal or illegal activities, I would understand like tax evasion etc.

but it's not the crazies who are blacklisting him

they might be out to get him and what not but it's literally the government and companies and media and so forth who are blacklisting him

there have been plenty of situations of cheating and involvement of third parties in chinese entertainment industry and they get blacklisted

right but I'm just trying to explain why Chinese care a lot about morality as it pertains to their stars

• but it's not the crazies who are blacklisting him

they might be out to get him and what not but it's literally the government and companies and media and so forth who are blacklisting him

there have been plenty of situations of cheating and involvement of third parties in chinese entertainment industry and they get blacklisted

right but I'm just trying to explain why Chinese care a lot about morality as it pertains to their stars

Oh yes, I wasn't focusing on the government and yes, I agree with you that the C govt. are definitely blacklist people for various and sometimes untransparent reasons. I do agree with you that Chinese do care a lot about morality. My point is their acting on morality usually doesn't uphold morality in itself (the netizens).

• Oh yes, I wasn't focusing on the government and yes, I agree with you that the C govt. are definitely blacklist people for various and sometimes untransparent reasons. I do agree with you that Chinese do care a lot about morality. My point is their acting on morality usually doesn't uphold morality in itself (the netizens).

that's probably a really profound statement and yet for the life of me I've read that like four/five times...but I still don't quite understand it lol

• that's probably a really profound statement and yet for the life of me I've read that like four/five times...but I still don't quite understand it lol

I mean that in the way they go about trying to uphold morality. Sure it's with good intentions but the way they do it usually isn't based on upholding real morals but just in the name of 'morals'. Like some companies proclaiming they are doing good for the world but when you actually read up and dig deeper - it's just greenwashing and bare minimal efforts. The intention is there, they are trying to do something but it's missing the point because real action would require much more - cutting their profits but investing for future. sorry to be confusing.

• I mean that in the way they go about trying to uphold morality. Sure it's with good intentions but the way they do it usually isn't based on upholding real morals but just in the name of 'morals'. Like some companies proclaiming they are doing good for the world but when you actually read up and dig deeper - it's just greenwashing and bare minimal efforts. The intention is there, they are trying to do something but it's missing the point because real action would require much more - cutting their profits but investing for future. sorry to be confusing.

the netizens themselves

right gotcha makes sense

and don't be sorry my friend this is the internet after all where like english might not be one's first language coupled with the fact that we lose all forms of non verbal communication

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!