Is Blackpink the Rolling Stones of K-pop ?

• Is Blackpink the Rolling Stones of Kpop?

First I hope no trolls, I love stones and I love BP. To both I owe openings to exciting musical worlds.

Rolling Stones was the band that popularized this style of rock worldwide. It is difficult to pass by. Their symbol is everywhere. I have already had students with Stones t-shirts without knowing them. They are both incredible and beyond criticism. The media make tons of it around them (too much). It's the light on the style and the other bands but like a beacon it can dazzle and hide the other bands. Isn't it the same for BP? The media sanctify them because the production is very good and worldwide, it's more in English than other bands and they need a symbol for this style of music. That's not necessarily a bad thing. What will be left of them? for the others ?

I have the same birthday as Jennie and this is my biggest achievement in K-pop

(G)I-DLE - Bangkok - 20/08/22

Blackpink - Paris - 11 & 12/12/22

• they would have to stay relevant at least more than 40 years

in my country the stones could fill 3 football stadiums in a row a few years ago

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• they would have to stay relevant at least more than 40 years

in my country the stones could fill 3 football stadiums in a row a few years ago

It's true. I'm wondering that because I saw a lot of BP merchandise and I know a lot of people who know BP and not others KPop band (or maybe BTS, at least the name). The capacity of the arenas are not shamefully. I'm wondering for long term and the shadow of the others bands in the media

• :pepe-joy:

And yes, to follow music in the media for some time, the press needs a symbolic group. (And I'm not talking about the Korean press which surely knows the diversity, but the European and American one). For the mainstream press, and the general public, pre rock=Elvis, Rock= Stones, Punk=Pistols, hardrock=ac/dc.etc Each generation and each style has a group. I was wondering if this isn't what's happening to BP (of course, with any duration proportion). These are groups that are both never criticized by some but also always by others.

It can flop, I understand myself and I will still enjoy Pink Venom tomorrow 😃

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!