Nicki Minaj talks about how BB changed its rules to block BTS from getting a number 1 and make them reliant on radio

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com

• And this thread has officially disclosed rule changes, BB has been tweaking its formula too privately in time with BTS song releases which is not even disclosed and is arbitrary af

External Content twitter.com

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Nicki Minaj talks about how BB changed its rules to block BTS from getting a number 1 and make then reliant on radio” to “Nicki Minaj talks about how BB changed its rules to block BTS from getting a number 1 and make them reliant on radio”.
  • I mean we alr know this, but people just didn’t want to believe cos it was us saying it.

Just look at the chart now, don’t even consider the BTS song but in general you can see how radio play > streams for other artists too. Some Artists in top 20 have more streams than artists in top 10.

I found it interesting that she openly addressed how BTS are being blackballed by the industry and how the industry is afraid of the change in power dynamics BTS could wield cause of Armys.

• Billboard wants radio to control the charts so that it remains in the industry's hands which songs and artists to push and which to not.... X/

Exactly, they cannot have an artist with a massive fanbase and huge buying power dominate cause it takes power away from them and gives power to the artist.

And here it is not any artist but an Asian artist who brings forth all their xenophobia and homophobia.

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• I found it interesting that she openly addressed how BTS are being blackballed by the industry and how the industry is afraid of the change in power dynamics BTS could wield cause of Armys.

Another biggest victim of BB is Bad Bunny. He has the streams , sales higher than most popular american artists. He has entire latin americans in his hold yet he doesn't top the charts. why? cos he is blackballed by the radio

• Not only did they make bts be in more need of radioplay this year but they also blocked radioplay for their korean songs forcing them to release more english songs from 2020 onwards. It's really puzzling that a group that they so eagerly invited first in 2017 for more fan engagement quickly became a threat to them and western artist dominance in music.

• I mean we alr know this, but people just didn’t want to believe cos it was us saying it.

Just look at the chart now, don’t even consider the BTS song but in general you can see how radio play > streams for other artists too. Some Artists in top 20 have more streams than artists in top 10.

'Bad Decisions' : 10.1m streams and 66k sales but #10

'Break My Soul' : 14.5m streams and 36k sales but #1

The difference is made by one having 65m radioplay and other one getting only 3m.... Honestly I don't mind Beyonce getting radioplay because of her name cuz she deserves it but don't act like your chart is "fair" & people are "manipulating" it just because artists you don't like are smashing on it.... :cursing:

• Not only did they make bts be in more need of radioplay this year but they also blocked radioplay for their korean songs forcing them to release more english songs from 2020 onwards. It's really puzzling that a group that they so eagerly invited first in 2017 for more fan engagement quickly became a threat to them and western artist dominance in music.

Ermm, the rules changed in Jan 2022 so BTS releasing Eng songs since 2020 (only 3 singles btw), were not impacted by rule changes. The rules were changed as a consequence of those 3 songs and not prior to it.

And BTS have not released any English song this year since rules changed under their album, it is just one collab by BTS vocal line and another by Jungkook that are in English.

J Hope released an entire album in Korean and BTS released 3 new Korean songs with Proof this year.

• 'Bad Decisions' : 10.1m streams and 66k sales but #10

'Break My Soul' : 14.5m streams and 36k sales but #1

The difference is made by one having 65m radioplay and other one getting only 3m.... Honestly I don't mind Beyonce getting radioplay because of her name cuz she deserves it but don't act like your chart is "fair" & people are "manipulating" it just because artists you don't like are smashing on it.... :cursing:

yea, if "mass" buying is false play, how is mass radio play organic?

the logic is flawed for these charts.

• Why y’all so obsessed with BB. It’s one country. I mean BP has 76.6 million subscribers. They don’t need anybody to tell them they are famous. It’s the other way around. These people want their engagements

• Another biggest victim of BB is Bad Bunny. He has the streams , sales higher than most popular american artists. He has entire latin americans in his hold yet he doesn't top the charts. why? cos he is blackballed by the radio

Bad Bunny who is smashing in streams with 'Me Porto Benito' is outside top 10 but someone who has half the streams and sales as him is still #2. Why? Because that's what industry wants and his song is not English.... :mad:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!