Technological random thougthts

• Go to Best Answer
  • my current goal is maybe if there's an ability to make a bot.

Bot goals

- 1 gomoku bot. I'm going to set up an akorn relief fund. if required, I might just surrender akorns earned to prevent market imbalance.

- 2 auto-update bot. Goal is to auto-maintain artist threads (or the post restructuring counterpart. maybe a metathread.)

- 3 conversationalist bot. as the name suggests but maybe illegal due to akp tos.

• other ideas: I might want to figure out how to make an AI crawler.

still might be tos but I think its a good idea for rooting out bots taking advantage of dead threads to raise their ads. the idea is that the bot will patrol (slowly) through the dead threads and bookmark threads that contain possible bot posts.

this is an evolution off of conversationalist bot; as it gets better at talking and reading on akp, it will have a good idea of what normal and unnatural activities will look like. in that way, it will then differentiate bot posts from normal ones and send a report of possible bots to me. (or a mod if official adoption happens.)

• and old idea surfaced again.

I'll have to see if posting tweets/other embeds in spoiler will help with loading time.

as it is , loading time is concerning so any optimization may help.

edit: more accurately I *want* to see. my last experiment was shut down by one mod even though I got the go-ahead from another mod.

minor detail but that means I need to redo.

• An idea for akorns.

I hope, if akorns turns into a crypto currency:

1. it shall be unlisted. the only exchange between real money and akorns is buying akorns from the akorn shop

2. it shall be a peercoin. Peercoin's whitepaper is a nice read but the short of it is that its one of the best auto-regulatory currencies out there.

3. Akp, as the treasury, shall adjust prices in akorn shop according to inflation and deflation.

4. Akp, as the treasury, shall keep a lump sum of akorns disconnected from the market

--- this is "effective burning" where a money can be considered lost when stored when disconnected from a market. this allows akp to store an uncapped lump sum for

------1. facilitating selling akorns via the exchange (see 1.)

------2. receiving payments from akorn store purchases.

------3. this also allows for executive financial action to inflate the akorn supply as necessary if business goes too well and threatens stagnation.

Further as a blockchain, I hope the theoretical "akorn blockchain" can

1. record and officiate elections as necessary for badge voting and other things.

2. record and officiate important information and data. (will be useful for bulletproofing things)

this is an offshoot of my "survival show cryptocurrency application" idea as I so posted often earlier in my akp career. if you'd like, I can run your ears off at any time about my idea.

• This may not be strictly a technologically oritented thought, but akp should have a way to flush out banned users.

at the very least banned users should be able to have their akorns confiscated or burned. the average akorn per user is no longer a reliable metric and my wish is that no one sees it as such until it is cleaned up.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:shake-it:

out of service

• I'd place a heavy reccomendation on spoiler-ing embedded material to ease the load time, page length, readability, and scrollablility of the page.

This will help the user understand and acquaintance themselves with the thread subject. One spoiler per embed is best.

• I remain convinced that if a financial officer moderator uses a altered version of the transfer program, they can send negative transfer requests to fine people. also clean out banned users of their akorns.

I'm not going to attempt to break the site, but it seems like the above zero check is pretty artificial and if a high enough credentials could access it, then a mod can banned users of their akorns.

Edit: or when you ban people for malicious activity, there should be an option to set their akorns to zero.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This may not be strictly a technologically oritented thought, but akp should have a way to flush out banned users.

at the very least banned users should be able to have their akorns confiscated or burned. the average akorn per user is no longer a reliable metric and my wish is that no one sees it as such until it is cleaned up.

being honest it'd be pretty cool if banned members get their akorns forcibly donated to an annual akorn lottery where official tickets are worth 15 akorns in the korn shop

that'd get rid of inflation a little too fast.

I remain convinced that if a financial officer moderator uses a altered version of the transfer program, they can send negative transfer requests to fine people. also clean out banned users of their akorns.

I'm not going to attempt to break the site, but it seems like the above zero check is pretty artificial and if a high enough credentials could access it, then a mod can banned users of their akorns.

Edit: or when you ban people for malicious activity, there should be an option to set their akorns to zero.

So. apparently banned users' akorns aren't really affecting things. still annoying to look at though.

• random ass idea:

akorns should be valued

(akp forum net profit)/(net change in akorns)

but obvs that's not robust so imma get back to ya on that.

but basically it should be valued like this for buying akorns and also physical items that the akorn store sells.

edit: removed mistaken notions.

• akorns should be valued

(akp forum net profit)/(net change in akorns)

but obvs that's not robust so imma get back to ya on that.

I'm thinking of adding a liquidity metric as in 1/(a^b)

where "a" is a random coefficient adjusted as necessary

and "b" is the "age" of an akorn

the age of an akorn is determined by how long it hasn't been touched. for simplicity reasons we'll say that akorns are indistinguishable ( as it is already) and as such, again for simplicity, the oldest akorns are used in any new transactions involving payment thereby resetting "b" to zero.

• edit: this involves automatically mitigating the impact of negativity from trolls using math.

also if karma gets below a certain point I guess mods will get a notification of a person of interest lol

• [removed]

surprisingly this allows for financial products to finally take hold in this akorn economy

because it matters not how much akorns exist, it matters not whether or not a guild bank can actually print akorns and give interest for the akorns stored in itself.

because interest could be meaningless, let's make it meaningful. I'll get back to you on that.

edit: Interest rates for guild banks can be determined by collective liquidity I guess....

• think about it. If you set a toilet to, say, fill only 3/4 ths of the tank but in the toilet lid, you put a dehumidifier to fill the rest, one could save on water!

and its practically a perfect situation too as a toilet in a home is usually next to the bath which generates lots of high humidity.

all that's left is to calculate if the energy cost to produce a unit of water is cheaper than that unit of water sold by the utility.

• think about it. If you set a toilet to, say, fill only 3/4 ths of the tank but in the toilet lid, you put a dehumidifier to fill the rest, one could save on water!

and its practically a perfect situation too as a toilet in a home is usually next to the bath which generates lots of high humidity.

all that's left is to calculate if the energy cost to produce a unit of water is cheaper than that unit of water sold by the utility.

heh, you think too much :sana2:

• heh, you think too much :sana2:

an average 1 room humidifier is around 45 watts, multiply that by 3 hour runtime during and after each shower we get 135Watt-Hours of energy allotted.

converting that to joules, we get approximately 48.6KJ (kilo joules)

One mol of water takes roughly 40.65kJ/mol of water. Handwaving some inefficiencies aside lets just say that's equivalent. We get one mol of water for running a 45 watt dehumidifier for three hours during and after a shower to reclaim water.

there are 55.5 mols of water to a liter so one mol of water is roughly 0.01 liters or 10mL of water.

so it took 135Wh to get 10mL water.

a normal soda can of wter is 330mL so it would take 4455Wh to fill a can.

Do that in LA with an average energy price of 26 cents per Kilowatt hour

we get approximately 115.83 cents or $1.16 per can of water from a dehumidifier.

aaand its not worth it. IRWD's lowest water price is $1.53 per CCF (centi-cubic-foot ~748 gallons or 2, 831,000 mL or ~8600 soda cans) not even a cent per can of water.

incidentally IRWD's highest water price is $14.64 per CCF which works out to 1/10 of a cent per can of water.

it might only be worth it if you run it for free off of a solar panel system.

• wouldn't it be better worth it to just have a river nearby in a windy and sunny place?

That way you have free water, free energy from all 3 and don't need to care about one mol of water?

When we even piss a lot more than one mol anyway. And we use a lot more to flush it down.

• wouldn't it be better worth it to just have a river nearby in a windy and sunny place?

That way you have free water, free energy from all 3 and don't need to care about one mol of water?

When we even piss a lot more than one mol anyway. And we use a lot more to flush it down.

such a luxury is rare in a world where all land is practically and thoroughly explored. everything within a countries' borders is subject to money, after all.

This is a minor measure to cut costs and reclaim existing resource waste (i.e. humid air in this case)

another idea in a similar vein was to have a food waste biogas digester so plant or food material that didn't make it into the stomach, usually sauce residue, left behind oils from eating oily foods, and the occasional spoiled food can be either burned for water or house heating or used as cooking gas. one may even have toilet hooked up to it to catch the rest of the nutritional energy that the human body had passed up.

The major downside to this one is that maintaining a digester like that takes a lot of attention; it is practically a living thing, after all. looking after the useful bacteria and all that.

anyway I was brainstorming support systems for a self contained bunker but taking it out of context lol

• in that context it does make more sense.

• I can tell you from my experience with aquariums.

Fish waste in water becomes ammonia who gets converted into nitrites than nitrates who is a fertilizer.

Two bacteria do that and they live together just fine.

That fertilizer than goes to feed the plants who convert CO2 into O2 via photosynthesis.

So you have a self sustained enclosed environment.

Same thing is happening in lakes etc.

• in that context it does make more sense.

The one biggest issue with bunkers is the power source

even if all more material resources are conserved, energy intake for the bunker to work is going to be a massive headache.

ideally there would be a blast proof surface installation for protecting, housing, and deploying solar panels, with a diesel generator as a backup with a battery room to manage power but that won't last indefinitely with out some kind of pain due to loss from damage. (accidentally dropping a solar panel, etc.) I was considering portable solar stirling engine units because those are man repairable even for an idiot like me

meat would be definitely out of the question though lol unless I understand how to make those meat replacement vegetarian things and also grow a sizeable amount of the right plants underground to make that. Energetically, keeping a pet is too much of drain on resources.

but yea most things are very recyclable and repairable using idiot level tech ( hs science experiments max)

• ahhh so in that case I could try to raise fish for meat and fertilizer

and feed it using feed crop that both the fish and I can eat. Ultimately I'll have to return the nutrients one way or another by reintroducing my waste as well. I'd need to be careful to not introduce any gastro-intestinal diseases into the loop unless I was doing some numb-skulled immunity training.

I'll note that down, that's actually a pretty good idea!

• ahhh so in that case I could try to raise fish for meat and fertilizer

and feed it using feed crop that both the fish and I can eat. Ultimately I'll have to return the nutrients one way or another by reintroducing my waste as well. I'd need to be careful to not introduce any gastro-intestinal diseases into the loop unless I was doing some numb-skulled immunity training.

I'll note that down, that's actually a pretty good idea!

mother nature always has the best ideas tbh

what if your turd is big and you need to flush twice right after each other?

External Content www.youtube.com

• at the bottom of it, it's just chemistry and physics.

Some math too, but I hate math.

I can only do HS chem lol but physics I can probably restudy all the way to quantum with old notes.

I like math up to calc, even vector calc and linear algebra but I'd need to restudy again too.

I was aiming for electrical engineer lol but it looks like my skill stacks me as a weirdly underachieving physicist lol

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!