The Plagiarism controversy will preclude any hope for the vocalists to recaptue the initiative of KPop

• In a desperation move, IU announces her (probable) concert plans on Sep 18.

I think the specifics were not worked out, but with the fall of Yoo Heeyeol and Lee Mujin, with LeeJuck and herself on fire, she probably felt she had to do something to turn public opinion on her side. So although not everything was ready she bought some time posting a single photo.

But, while she might be spared, other vocalists probably won't.

Akmu is relatively free from plagiarism since Chanhyuk, who writes all the songs (I don't know whether Soohyun writes songs too but all of Akmu's notable songs were written by CH), cuts out any sequences which might be similar to a song he had heard before. However only Akmu will probably be safe.

All established composers have some skeletons , actually quite a few, hidden in their closets which the Knetz are now hunting like a bunch of hungry predators.

Yoonsang wrote the song "Laura" for Byun Jinsub during the latter's heyday in 1990, and it was a clear plagiarism of "Seiretsu" sung by Saito Yuki, an idol who was popular in the 1980s.

Kim Hyunshik, who died in 1990, won a Golden Disk after he died with his song "My Love on my Side"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(IU and now disgraced Yoo heeyeol in 2017)

which is very similar to

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kobayashi Akiko's "Koi no Ochite" (fall in love), an OST for a drama dealing with extramarital sex of several couples around 1990. It was quite well known but because Kim Hyunshik had died the Koreans didn't ask any questions. (The song was 'written' by Oh Taeho, a favorite composer of Lee Seunghwan.)

Any Korean vocalist song which might sound similar to a Japanese song may well be a copy of it, and it will probably renew interest on JPop in Korea, which had died after KPop had become prevalent, while significantly reducing the influence of KPop.

I think the main objective is not to destroy the vocalists, but reduce their power enough so they won't be viable for the long term, an objective they appear to be accomplishing.

Plus, the end of Yooheeyeol means a big window for the introduction of vocalists is now closed. Yoo's influence was considerable, and his loss means anyone succeeding him won't have the clout to pull vocalists any more. Bol4 owed its success to Yoo, as well as Yoon Jongshin who achieved a renaissance on his career from there. People like Jung Seunghwan, under Yooheeyeol's company, had maintained a niche in the vocalist world but now they are done as well. IU will remain but she will have to keep a distance with these vocalists, reducing her influence as the newer idol groups will fear her less.

The vocalists almost took the upper hand in the post-BTS world but thanks to the people who knocked YHY down, KPop appears to be gien another lease on life.

• IU has been planning this concert since 2020. You have a better chance hoping it rains on Sept 18 and delaying the concert than you do of hoping it wouldn't happen.

• " In a desperation move"

Here let me rewrite the post for you,

In a desperation move, WhyKnock having given up hope of any group defeating IU, frustrated that fans keep including her in K-pop as an idol and Koreans keep her on the top of the charts;

In a desperation move, WhyKnock now thinks some unsubstantiated plagiarism allegations on people associated with IU or soloists, will somehow dent her influence in the K-pop music industry.

Do some rain making rituals on Sep 18, you have a better chance with that, than these laughable plagiarism theories.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!