People that say China is only an important market for kpop groups have no idea what they’re talking about lol not a clue

• In the US film industry China is their biggest audience so much so that films are often released earlier in China than America and sometimes (if the film is controversial enough) they make a version just for China so they’re able to get a great opening and overall profit. That’s how important the China market is towards entertainment in the US. So people that undervalue it for kpop are embarrassing idiots that have no clue what they’re saying and probably don’t understand how powerful China’s Market actually is :facepalm:

Approved the thread.
  • i don`t undervalue China. I undervaliue kpop groups that just have a huge sale because of China. China is great but is under a regime of opresion. Think, hey don`t even have youtube cos their goverment wants total control of meddia. Yes, they are a great market, but just to say that the films has to be change for Chinese market speak about what kind of freedom they have or lack.

• China would have been more valuable for kpop if they allowed groups to tour there and lifted the ban. Till then, Japan and Korea>>>> China

• i don`t undervalue China. I undervaliue kpop groups that just have a huge sale because of China. China is great but is under a regime of opresion. Think, hey don`t even have youtube cos their goverment wants total control of meddia. Yes, they are a great market, but just to say that the films has to be change for Chinese market speak about what kind of freedom they have or lack.

If their regime were oppressive like North Korea then they wouldn't even be in this discussion.

Any country that has gotten its people enough discretionary income to consume frivilous entertainment like KPOP is not doing too badly for its people.

China would have been more valuable for kpop if they allowed groups to tour there and lifted the ban. Till then, Japan and Korea>>>> China

Yes, totally agree. The Big Bang tour was massive:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

KLIFE 🍀 on Twitter
    “This is not a concert tour, it's BIGBANG China VIPs fans meetings in 2016 aka the [Most Attended Tour by a Foreign Language Act of All Time in China with over…
    mobile.twitter.com

Any country that has a population with enough discretionary income to spend on foreign pop music has done pretty well for its people. If China were like North Korea then we wouldn't even have the discussion.

China would have been more valuable for kpop if they allowed groups to tour there and lifted the ban. Till then, Japan and Korea>>>> China

Agree. The Big Bang tour in China was massive:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Agree. The Big Bang tour in China was massive:

3rd 4th gen groups who are massively popular in china or have a huge fandom there are unlucky they wouldn't get to experience it, sucks for the mainland c fans as well.

• so eager to defend China regim that you made a double post. Oh, so China is better that South Korea, lets clap China in the back. Meanwhile people with some ethnicity or religion being held prisoners on detention camps for years in China...horray China and their great market

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!