BTS dance ranking (from an ex?-dancer)

• Danced for years (was about to go pro, then blew out a knee in college) and I would rank Jimin above J-Hope generally, but it depends on what style you're discussing. Jimin reads to me as someone who has both more training and more fluidity, which you can see by the way he adopts basic dance positions for his feet even in interviews or casual settings because it's just that natural to him to assume the positions for dance. J-Hope has more raw power but less structural support to the way he arranges his body, especially through the torso. Don't get me wrong, they're both great dancers, no criticism here. J-Hope is better for hiphop, easily. Pop-and-lock? J-Hope all the way. Jimin is better for contemporary and modern, and maybe even a little bit of classical (though neither of them seem to be deeply trained classical dancers, there's too much fluidity in their torsos).

Sleeping on V as a dancer. When he's feeling himself, I think he might even be equal to or better than Jungkook (who is a great dancer, don't get me wrong, I love Jungkook and he dances with a lot of skill and power and energy, but his expressive skills especially for softer moments can feel less present than V when V's in a mood. Try to imagine Jungkook doing Singularity, it's a totally different feeling. Now think about V doing Singularity, and doing Mic Drop. Jungkook probably has more technical or athletic skill, but our boy V has range).

RM... I love the man to death but you're right about that one. There's a stiffness there, and I've often wondered how much of it is just that he hasn't had as much training as the others because he's always been rap line, and how much is his natural inner control freak. However, I will say that he, Suga, and Jin have all improved immensely since their debut. There's not one of the group of 7 now that I would say isn't a very, very good dancer overall. Suga especially has improved, and is actually impressive in their latest releases.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!