BTS have made western success look easy

• Nowadays you have everyone and their mothers thinking that every kpop group should do arenas in the west. Ya'll know the weekend right? the one of the biggest artists in the US, he's struggling to sell out arenas rn. ya'll know Olivia Rodrigo? The biggest GenZ popstar rn, she's doing theaters.

BP who are arguably 10x more popular than any kpop sans bts in US back in 2019 was struggling with arenas. Even Ariana grande

BTS didn't do stadiums until they started to sell out 3-4 arenas back to back at a same place.

Every 4th gen group stan thinks that their favs will be like Bts overnight but BTS is truly an anomaly, their success was something no one anticipated, no one.

Approved the thread.
  • BP wasn't struggling with arenas, All their shows reach 96%-100% of attendance in the states and their only cancelled show wasn't due sales, apparently there was weather issues on the days before the may 9 show (the one cancelled) including storms and rain, so it likely was that, but also the reasons were left unknown.

• Also TXT is the only group I think that got actually screwed over concert venues. They definitely have demand in the us since they continuously chart on us spotify. Them, skz, nct (+big 3 bts,bp,twice) are they only ones that have can sell out big venues based on demand and numbers right now.

• True. Fans think anyone of their faves can sell out stadiums just because bts can do it in a day. I think they don't understand how much of an anomaly bts is even among top western stars. Literally the only ones on their level tour wise are Taylor swift and maybe Ed Sheeran.

Even Blackpink had struggle selling out arenas and had to cancel at least one date due to lack of ticket sales.

• True. Fans think anyone of their faves can sell out stadiums just because bts can do it in a day. I think they don't understand how much of an anomaly bts is even among top western stars. Literally the only ones on their level tour wise are Taylor swift and maybe Ed Sheeran.

Even Blackpink had struggle selling out arenas and had to cancel at least one date due to lack of ticket sales.

It wasn't due lack of sales, and BP dates were 96% to 99% sold out.

• first of all bp cancelled one arena show because of the weather issue and all their attendance in 2019 was in the range of 96 to 98 percent attendance in average. but to your rest of the point i agree.

• The lies in this thread, BP weren't struggling and YG put out expensive ticket prices compared to almost everyone else. And they did this in 2019 well before covid

• Not sure that they've made it looks easy. Their fans showed huge demand to many outlets, be it radio, attending their appearances like the 1st BBMAs. But of course the fact that they were more then just a kpop fan allowed them to be easier for the west to consume. The thing that's cool, is that now the BTS members will find solo success in the west. While the 4th generation will meet a huge brick wall when trying to go down the road that BTS paved.

• why go all the way to America? In my SEA country, BP team were giving out free tickets outside the stadium to fill up the seats. What a waste for those who actually paid!!!

• why go all the way to America? In my SEA country, BP team were giving out free tickets outside the stadium to fill up the seats. What a waste for those who actually paid!!!

They had a 1+1 deal for Amsterdam if I am not mistaken. They even had sponsors give away tickets for their first Korean concert.

It's really weird, they either do really well or very poorly.

• Lmao bp antis using 2019 drags when in the end you all were proven wrong, put legit sources and not some stupid akp/ko#eaboo articles or ugly pann posts how about that

• It wasn't due lack of sales, and BP dates were 96% to 99% sold out.

None of bp's shows in america sold more than 90% of capacity. They didn't release the numbers for chicago show because it was the one being speculated to have alot of empty seats. Then they cancelled their last show because they couldn't even sell out the venue for day 1. It was @@@4cc56858-ed98-4582-abcd-6fc0f0e80706@@@ day concert but lack of ticket sales for both shows made them cancel day 2.

• I think BP would have no problems selling out arenas today.

• None of bp's shows in america sold more than 90% of capacity. They didn't release the numbers for chicago show because it was the one being speculated to have alot of empty seats. Then they cancelled their last show because they couldn't even sell out the venue for day 1. It was 2 day concert but lack of ticket sales for both shows made them cancel day 2.

BLACKPINK — In Your Area Tour
    “In Your Area Tour” by BLACKPINK earned a total of $56.8 million from 472,183 tickets sold in 36 shows performed.
    touringdata.wordpress.com

Touring data, you know the official revealer of tours data, completed the 36 shows data that BP did for IYA

North America tour, 7 dates all above 97% of assistance. Keep crying cause even for the May 9 show, the one cancelled, the reasons weren't revealed.

• Geez BP antis are still crying about fake rumors from a 2019 tour ?

It was the highest grossing kpop gg tour up until this year and BP were barely 2.5 years old when it happened. Why come for BP of all groups about not having a US fandom when they are literally the only group besides BTS who can chart consistently on Hot 100

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!