How did Jisoo eclipse Rosé?

• Rosé is main vocal and lead dance, speaks English, talks the most in BP interviews along with Jennie, and has a heavily promoted solo, both internationally and in Korea

Comparatively Jisoo has one drama that probably hurt her reputation more than it did her good, doesn't speak fluent English, has no solo, and is usually the last in line distribution

But Jisoo has more Instagram followers and when they both went to PFW Jisoo was definitely more of an event than Rosé

Approved the thread.
  • Eclipsed? Like barely I guess

They’ve always been extremely close in popularity.

• heavily promoted solo,

Her solo was not heavily promoted lmao. Y’all agkaes need to stop putting the girls against each other

• Her solo was not heavily promoted lmao. Y’all agkaes need to stop putting the girls against each other

Compared to JenLisa solo it was. No need to act like op is lying and between her and Jisoo who gets more promoted?

Jisoo is really charismatic, cute and has this mature aura. I do think her kdrama helped her though. And she was always the most popular in Asia between Rosé and her.

• someone hasn't been following bp and it shows lol Jisoo is the one who speaks the most in Korean interviews. I know blackpink have been absent but pretending Jisoo doesn't..... is this an anti Jisoo thread?

I don't understand why people underestimate her popularity Jisoo has always been popular in Korea and not only Korea but also Japan, China even some SEA countries. she was never last in popularity except for English speaking countries until recently.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

to answer your question it's not that she surpassed Rosé (she was always ahead in Asia countries) it's just that people can't use instagram followers anymore since she isn't last.

Blackpink:

1. Lisa 77.9m

2. Jennie 66.7m

3. Jisoo 60.6m

4. Rose 59.4m

• more than jisoo “eclipsing” anyone it’s that her popularity has always been underestimated by the fandom and outside of it because she wasn’t as popular in western countries (however she’s gained a lot of popularity after the album era). her and rosie are basically neck and neck in popularity and tend to switch depending on the area. for jisoo, i know snowdrop was controversial in sk, but it did increase her popularity among kdrama communities which may have helped. and rosie also got a boost with her solo (especially in sk). they’re honestly super close overall and both amazing which i’m glad more and more people are realizing :lover1:

• Y’all agkaes need to stop putting the girls against each other

This above :thumbup: .

Not a blink but i see it all the time. If the question is asked about who is the least popular ( like they are all immensely popular )Jisoo agkaes loose their shit. They say stuff like Jisoo had 155 people pushing and fighting trying to see her, but Rosé only had 153 people trying to see her so they conclude that Jisoo is more popular ;-). Like how old are these people?

Lisa's agkaes are known to be the worst but lately Jisoo's are becoming more and more like hers. God help blinks if she ever gets her solo lol.

From what Ive seen Jisoo is more popular in Asian countries. Rosé is more popular in Western countries. Always has been and probably always will be. Thou Rosé is alot more popular in Korea then she was say 2yrs ago.

• I'm not sure why Jisoo isn't the most popular member. She's the only one who actually acknowledges blinks, doesn't come off as phony like the other 3, and always give thoughtful and wise answers in interviews.

• Trust me she's more popular among non fans I'm not a fan but I know some kpop fans around me who love her and she's quite popular among kdrama fandom too.

• Instagram followers are not really a metric, cause whenever a member goes viral for something or is promoted they gain followers. Rose and Jisoo were and still are a million apart so if Rose has another promo like her solo or smth she will gain and surpass Jisoo, and then Jisoo gets another moment and surpasses Rose so yeah IG followers don't show anything for these two

But Snowdrop was popular internationally or atleast between the kdrama lovers, so lots of people who liked Jisoo and didn't really know her became her and BP fans. Shes really charismatic and engages with fans alot so that helps sustain the fans

And like others said her and Rose were always close in popularity, it may seem to non fans that Jisoo is not as popular as Rose due to Rose being more active internationally compared to Jisoo, but this is a wrong take.

I always see that BP have two levels of popularity : JenLisa fight it for no.1 and ChaeSoo fight it for 3rd

• this is not true there has been a few threads already of people understimating Jisoo's popularity in a condescending manner and those replying are tired of seeing certain pattern when it comes to her assuming she is last when in actually was never the case it gets to a point that it becomes annoying.

• i just typed blackpink members on google and it comes up as Jisoo - vocals and Rose - lead dancer lol the disrespect

• Jisoo is prettier and has more personality. And I don't mean that to sound harsh because they're all pretty, in another group Rose might have been the visual. But in this group no.

• Lisa is easily there most popular member tho. There’s no fighting there.

It’s just jisoo and rose that have very close popularity

hmmm not really true because, aside from korea, lisa is pretty much the indisputable no. 1 everywhere else

I don't see it that way tbh, the two are close to popularity than many think. But this topic is not the main purpose of this thread so I'm not going to discuss it further

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!