Why do people count Seventeen out from being the “second Bts”?

• People say Ateez, Txt, Stray Kidz … can become the second Bts, but why do they count out Seventeen? Their first day sales is coming close to first week sales of Butter, their song is top 20 Melon. They are the second boy group right now behind BTS yet people seem to underestimate them.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • they lack popularity outside asia

• No global popularity

Their global streams are incredibly low for being the #2 bg behind bts

• As someone mentioned, there is no 2nd Bts, not even from 4th gen. But, it’s crystal clear svt is 2nd biggest on the food chain.

• Depends on how much SVT's album sells in total. I'm guessing at least 2.4 or 2.5m?

• I think people count them out because they are 13 people, that's like 2 very large groups put together in westerner's eyes.

But I think even Seventeen underestimate themselves. I watched their 7th anniversary video on their channel and it was a bit depressing. Most of the whole thing was quite flat like they felt they had under-performed for 7 years. Mingyu said he felt disappointed these days. However as Jun said, they never wouldn't have believed at debut what they have gone on to achieve. And views of HOT are high compared to their last few comebacks.

• I think people count them out because they are 13 people, that's like 2 very large groups put together in westerner's eyes.

But I think even Seventeen underestimate themselves. I watched their 7th anniversary video on their channel and it was a bit depressing. Most of the whole thing was quite flat like they felt they had under-performed for 7 years. Mingyu said he felt disappointed these days. However as Jun said, they never wouldn't have believed at debut what they have gone on to achieve. And views of HOT are high compared to their last few comebacks.

That’s kinda sad. Hope the boys realised that they are doing great and have so many people who love and support them. I’m not a fan but I respect seventeen for what they are and have achieved

• Why do people keep saying SVT is the 2nd BTS? Because of their sales?

Meanwhile we all know how version their album have to reach those sales?

• They are up there in korean digitals but naw there is no second bts no matter how many albums they sell. We all know it's mostly a shitton of versions and not genuine popularity, sorry but it has less merit (it's the same for other bgs so not a jab to svt)

• they have good album sales and have touring power but they don't really feel impactful plus their global popularity isn't all that

• That album sale is too inflated for me to take it seriously. It surpassing butter CD is not impressive

I would have been more shocked if the album couldn’t pull this much with all the gimmicks involved.

• I don’t understand why ppl have a problem w versions? It’s the standard 5 versions for a full album in Kpop. Idk why ppl are acting so

shocked as if their own faves don’t pull 3-4 versions for their minis.

• Their digitals are doing really bad for a 2nd bts group. Many bgs managed to do better this year so besides sales what other metric is worth of a 2nd place?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!