RE "Which 4th gen groups don't seem close to you?"

• forum.allkpop.com/thread/100234/

I have always found these narratives very ridiculous, not only because we literally have no way to know for sure, but also because most kpop fans don't seem to be able to consider any possibility but extremes. groups have either to be bffs attached at the hip that can't go on 2 hours without cuddling or have got to hate each other's guts.

it is delusional to think all groups are a bunch of bffs, and it is very cynical to insinuate they all hate each other. most likely, it is somewhere in the middle for most groups, where some members get along well, some not very well, some are actual friends, others clash, some just consider each other professional colleagues etc.

• After Sakura and Chaewon interviews for Weverse Magazine I think we can't be sure about anything anymore.

They both admitted that they weren't close earlier when they were members of IZ*ONE. But then again... Not being close doesn't mean being enemies. It's just the way it is in normal life, you either are friends with someone or are neutral.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I hope all groups have good professional relationships. All this other bff stuff is absolutely not important.

After Sakura and Chaewon interviews for Weverse Magazine I think we can't be sure about anything anymore.

They both admitted that they weren't close earlier when they were members of IZ*ONE. But then again... Not being close doesn't mean being enemies. It's just the way it is in normal life, you either are friends with someone or are neutral.

the illusion that group mates are bffs that can't live without each other seem to matter a lot to many kpop fans and add to their fan experience a big deal. I really don't get it tbh.

Personally, all i hope for is that my faves are respectful toward each other and easy to work with, because as a working woman that's all i hope for in a colleague regardless of whether we wind up being friends eventually or not.

• People forget that these are coworkers who live together and while that makes them closer than your typical coworkers, that doesn't mean they never exist without conflict.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!