NCT 127 Teach Me Japan

• I. Introduction

NCT 127 Teach Me Japan, also translated as NCT 127 Tell Me About Japan, is a Japanese reality/variety series that follows the members of the boy group, NCT 127, as they learn about Japanese culture in a school setting to help them connect with their Japanese fans.

II. Overview

NCT 127 is a permanent sub-unit of NCT. The group structure of NCT is unique among K-Pop groups due to the fact that the concept of NCT is an ever expanding group with "unlimited" members and it is comprised of several individual subunits. Currently there are 23 members in NCT, making up four individual subunits, including NCT 127.

Members of NCT 127 have featured in the long-running reality/variety series NCT Life, with some seasons centered around 127 members, but this is the first TV show specifically labeled as NCT 127.

In NCT 127 Teach Me Japan, all 9 members (Taeil, Johnny, Taeyong, Yuta, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Jungwoo, Mark and Haechan) learn in a fake school setting, while competing in contests and games.

"Homeroom teachers" Kenta Sakai and Yuki Hirako, a comedy duo known as Alco & Peace, provide a theme for each episode, with the lowest rated, worst performing member in each episode earning a detention punishment.

At the end of each episode before the punishment, members share in a segment called After School Talk, discussing comments about the episode in their "off time" or reviewing fan answers to questionnaires about the members.

NCT 127 Teach Me Japan aired on dTV in Japan. Season 1 aired from June 9 to July 14, 2019.

III. Episode List

Each episode is 25-27 minutes.

Ep. Video Release
    Date
    Description
    External Content www.dailymotion.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    June 9, 2019 Theme: Self-Introduction with Special Teacher Shinomiya Akira (comedian)
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    June 16, 2019 Ikebo (an attractive "stylish" male voice to "thrill the hearts of women")
    June 23, 2019 Psychology test with Special Teacher Nakajima Masumi (Psychology Test Writer(
    June 30, 2019 Muscular with Special Teacher Ko-ta (body builder)
    July 7, 2019 Baeru (aesthetics)
    July 14, 2019 Washoku (Japanese food)

IV. Trivia

Like the NCT Life series, this show references other NCT content or themes, as well as being used in fan compilation videos.